Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Wireless and Sound Problems with HP Pavilion dv7 and Fedora Core 10 Post 302272887 by reborg on Thursday 1st of January 2009 04:18:47 PM
Old 01-01-2009
Can you bring up an wireless connection manually with iwconfig?

For sound, you could try the following in /etc/modprode.d/sound (or whatever filename is appropriate on fedora)
Code:
options snd slots=snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1 model=hp-m4
alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel

then run
Code:
update-modules -f

You can run a command line speaker test with
Code:
speaker-test -Dplug:front -c2 -l5 -twav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with sound card on FreeBSD 4.5

Hi,friends!!! I have a problem with my integrated sound card AC97 on i815 and my version of FreeBSD is 4.5.I know that there is a driver for it called ich.c.gz,but the site containing it is unavaliable now.And is there another driver or some other ideas ? z-z-z-z-z :: email removed :: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kruch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Problems

Hi All I am having difficulty configuring sound on my system an wonder if anyone can help me. xmms refuses to play telling me that oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/sound/dsp): No such file or directory what I have done to try and fix this is 1. create /dev/sound/dsp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux xmms sound problems

Dear all, I have been using suse linux for as long as I can remember. However, for every installation I get the same problem. Once the installation is completed, and all of my devices (brand new hardware, from reknown brands) are detected, I decide to start doing some work, and play some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
2 Replies

4. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 2 Problems

I am very new at learning Linux/Unix so please bear with me. I am taking a Unix course and I had to install Fedora Core 2 on my laptop PC using Microsoft Virtual PC software. After installing the virtual PC software, I installed the fedora cd's that came with the course. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newby
0 Replies

6. Linux

No Sound [Sigmatel C-Major Audio] :: Fedora 7

I've been fighting for a few days now with trying to get my soundcard to recognize. I am currently using a Latitude D630 with Sigmatel C-Major Audio using the Intel ICH8 Family. My problem appears to be that the computer cannot detect a sound card but it was only able to install default drivers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grid-lyn
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having wireless Internet problems

I feel like the true definition of a newb but I guess you gotta start somewhere. I installed Gentoo on my laptop yesterday, it's a gnome based environment and I cannot get any wireless internet. The iwconfig and net-setup commands are not being recognized. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessparkscars
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sound Problems

My sound is messed up. All I get is white noise when I try to watch Youtube or something. I'm running Solaris 10 SPARC on a Sun Ultra 5, which has a built-in speaker. How do I fix it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
4 Replies

9. Linux

Enabling/Configuring the Wireless on Fedora 9

Hi All, I have dula OS on my system. With Windows and Linux(FC9). On Windows wireless setting works fine with wireless enabled. Have installed Linux recently. Wireless is enabled, but i am not sure how to configure or make settings. My laptop is Compaq and OS is FC9. Please can anybody help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Wireless stopped working- Fedora 12

I installed F12 around the time it was released and it picked up my wireless card and worked like a charm.....Suddenly last week everything stopped working and I receive what appears to be a driver error when wlan0 tries to load. Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) : SET failed on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woodson2
1 Replies
yum-langpacks(8)														  yum-langpacks(8)

NAME
yum-langpacks - Plugin for yum SYNOPSIS
yum [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
yum-langpacks is a plugin for yum to install language packs. This plugin allows user various commands. command is one of: * langavailable [language1] [language2] [...] * langinfo [language1] [language2] [...] * langinstall [language1] [language2] [...] * langlist [language1] [language2] [...] * langremove [language1] [language2] [...] langavailable This command allows user to find if language support is available for the given input languages. langinfo This command allows user to check which packages will get installed when the given input language support is installed. langinstall This command allows user to install language packs for the given input languages. langlist This command prints list of the installed languages. langremove This command allows user to remove the installed language packs for a given input languages. EXAMPLES
To check what packages get installed for language codes es_ES, hi_IN and language names Japanese and Portuguese (Brazil). yum langinfo es_ES "Japanese" hi_IN "Portuguese (Brazil)" NOTES
These commands accept language codes or language names or mix of them as a input. SEE ALSO
yum (8) BUGS
Please report any bugs in Red Hat bugzilla, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora Parag Nemade yum-langpacks(8)