Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [C] fgets problem with SIGINT singlal!!! Post 302272881 by hurricane86 on Thursday 1st of January 2009 03:31:24 PM
Old 01-01-2009
[C] fgets problem with SIGINT singlal!!!

Hi all,

I have this method to read a string from a STDIN:

PHP Code:
void readLine(charinputBuffer){

fgets (inputBufferMAX_LINEstdin);

fflush(stdin);

/* remove '\n' char from string */

if(strlen(inputBuffer) != 0)

inputBuffer[strlen(inputBuffer)-1] = '\0';

All work fine but if i catch SIGINT signal (CTRL+C) with this method:

PHP Code:
void handle_SIGNINT(){

/* here i don't want exit with program!!! */

i would like that "fgets's wait" was released when there is a signal....now to realese it i need press ENTER KEY!!!, how can i do in automate?

can i "simulate" the ENTER key pressed writing a particular ASCII char into STDIN???

Thanks a lot in advance, Martin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

fgets()

does anyone knows how to accept a command from a user.. i was wondering to use fgets(), but got no idea how to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skanky
4 Replies

2. Programming

Problem with fgets and rewind function ..

Hello Friends, I got stuck with fgets () & rewind() function .. Please need help.. Actually I am doing a like, The function should read lines from a txt file until the function is called.. If the data from the txt file ends then it goes to the top and then again when the function is called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with handling SIGINT

For a program I am designing, which involves handling the keyboard input Ctrl^c (SIGINT), it is taking ages for the program to actually recognise and perform the corresponding action whenever I run it and hit Ctrl^C at the CL. I have to do at least 3 Ctrl^Cs before the program will actually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

4. Programming

Question about NULL Character & fgets()

Assume client send the message " Hello ", i get output such as Sent mesg: hello Bytes Sent to Client: 6 bytes_received = recv(clientSockD, data, MAX_DATA, 0); if(bytes_received) { send(clientSockD, data, bytes_received, 0); data = '\0';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intercepting SIGINT in a bash script

I've written a bash script which captures video with DVgrab. Because of the nature of the tapes that I am digitizing, sometimes I want to quit capturing before the time that I set for DVgrab. When this is the case I press Ctrl-c and DVgrab exits cleanly, my problem is that there is additional... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
5 Replies

6. Programming

why multiple SIGINT raises when i hit C-c

hi, in my application, i have set up to capture SIGINT and execute a handler.the problem is whenever i hit C-c, multiple SIGINT are sent to the application.I have blocked the SIGINT right after catching the first one but it is unsuccessful.Here is what i do : jmp_buf main_loop; int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sedighzadeh
1 Replies

7. Programming

fgets problems

I've been having trouble with reading past the end-of-file in C. Can anyone find my stupid mistake? This is the minimal code needed to cause the error for me: FILE *f = fopen(name, "r"); if (!f) return; pari_sp ltop = avma; char line; while(fgets(line, 1100, f) != NULL) printf(".");... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
23 Replies

8. Programming

fgets problems newline

hello, i'm trying to write a C-program that reads a file line by line. (and searches each line for a given string) This file is an special ASCII-database-file, with a lot of entries. I checked the line with most length, and it was about 4000 characters. With google i found several... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1cm1n
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SIGINT issue

May i know what are the possible causes for SIGINT other than ctrl-c? Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Always pass SIGINT in ksh

The following command will run and wait for input from the user. /usr/sap/SAP/webdisp/wdispmon pf=/usr/sap/SAP/webdisp/profile What I would like to do is (in one command): - Add the above line to a ksh script - Receive the output - and send a SIGINT I have seen many posts on how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapsid
3 Replies
FGETSS(3)								 1								 FGETSS(3)

fgetss - Gets line from file pointer and strip HTML tags

SYNOPSIS
string fgetss (resource $handle, [int $length], [string $allowable_tags]) DESCRIPTION
Identical to fgets(3), except that fgetss(3) attempts to strip any NUL bytes, HTML and PHP tags from the text it reads. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $length - Length of the data to be retrieved. o $allowable_tags - You can use the optional third parameter to specify tags which should not be stripped. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string of up to $length - 1 bytes read from the file pointed to by $handle, with all HTML and PHP code stripped. If an error occurs, returns FALSE. Example #1 Reading a PHP file line-by-line <?php $str = <<<EOD <html><body> <p>Welcome! Today is the <?php echo(date('jS')); ?> of <?= date('F'); ?>.</p> </body></html> Text outside of the HTML block. EOD; file_put_contents('sample.php', $str); $handle = @fopen("sample.php", "r"); if ($handle) { while (!feof($handle)) { $buffer = fgetss($handle, 4096); echo $buffer; } fclose($handle); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Welcome! Today is the of . Text outside of the HTML block. NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgets(3), fopen(3), popen(3), fsockopen(3), strip_tags(3). PHP Documentation Group FGETSS(3)