Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb Post 302272861 by smallman on Thursday 1st of January 2009 11:35:28 AM
Old 01-01-2009
I am considdering upgrade to my pc.

reborg, as i understand it is impossible to use ram more than 3 gb on my pc (32bit) because linux64 will not work on my 32 machine? What should i do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much RAM does RH Linux need?

I wish to install Red Hat linux 7.1 on a machine with 16mb of EDO Ram. When I enter the instalation process I am told 'You do not have enough memory'. Is there a way to install RHL with only the 16? Or will I have to upgrade and buy some very expensive EDO. ~ Paul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
3 Replies

2. Debian

what is the best linux ver for p100 16 ram

Hello all i own p100 16ram laptop , i would like to run linux on it i need it for gcc compilation and shell scripting , no gui. what version of linux should i install , i dont mind to install old one . tnx allot (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

3. Solaris

getting available physical RAM

What command should I be using on Solaris 9 to get an accurate representation of the available physical RAM? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the RAM size for an Linux server.

Hi Gurus, Can someone let me know how to find the RAM size,ROM size and Number of processors for a linux server. Version :Linux 2.4.9-e.57smp Also what does "e.57smp" stands for? Thanks in advance gurus..... cheers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
3 Replies

5. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris sun4v - how do you determine physical RAM?

I have a Sun T5120, and I want to programmatically determine how much RAM it has. # uname -a SunOS myhost 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 The box has 64Gb; I tried prtdiag and prtconf, but they give me bogus info prtconf gives me: # prtconf |grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
12 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

root cannot write to Linux RAM

void main() { long ((long)(&array)); int x; for (;;) { (array) =+ 1023; printf("%c", array); } } What is wrong with this code to print Linux RAM? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
13 Replies

8. Red Hat

Physical RAM

Hi, I have a server (BL460c) with 32G of physical RAM. It currently only uses approx 5% its capacity but will use more (not sure how much more) pending the launch of further applications. If I need to build another node of similar functionality should I consider downgrading the physical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS : Can arc size value exceed Physical RAM ?

Hi, kstat -p -m zfs -n arcstats -s size returns zfs:0:arcstats:size 8177310584 this values is approx (7.61 GB) but my Physical Memory size is only 6144 Megabytes. Can this happen ? if yes, then how can I find free memory on the system. BTW, I ran the kstat commands from a Non... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapre_amit
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Linux Red Hat AS3 Network card is not detecting ...

Dear Expert, I 've installed Redhat linux AS3, My machine having Inbuild network card (Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection). I've downloaded e1000e-2.3.2 from Intel site, but its not working for my machine. I'm unable to configure the Network. ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
0 Replies
PVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
pvdisplay - display attributes of a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvdisplay [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [-s|--short] [-v[v]|--verbose [--verbose]] PhysicalVolumePath [PhysicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
pvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of one or more physical volumes like size, physical extent size, space used for the volume group descriptor area and so on. pvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. pvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * physical volume device name * volume group name * physical volume size in kilobytes * internal physical volume number (obsolete) * physical volume status * physical volume (not) allocatable * current number of logical volumes on this physical volume * physical extent size in kilobytes * total number of physical extents * free number of physical extents * allocated number of physical extents -s, --short Only display the size of the given physical volumes. -m, --maps Display the mapping of physical extents to logical volumes and logical extents. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), lvcreate(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) PVDISPLAY(8)