Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb Post 302272808 by manoj.solaris on Thursday 1st of January 2009 04:16:58 AM
Old 01-01-2009
Question red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi,

On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb

can u give me idea why?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much RAM does RH Linux need?

I wish to install Red Hat linux 7.1 on a machine with 16mb of EDO Ram. When I enter the instalation process I am told 'You do not have enough memory'. Is there a way to install RHL with only the 16? Or will I have to upgrade and buy some very expensive EDO. ~ Paul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
3 Replies

2. Debian

what is the best linux ver for p100 16 ram

Hello all i own p100 16ram laptop , i would like to run linux on it i need it for gcc compilation and shell scripting , no gui. what version of linux should i install , i dont mind to install old one . tnx allot (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

3. Solaris

getting available physical RAM

What command should I be using on Solaris 9 to get an accurate representation of the available physical RAM? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the RAM size for an Linux server.

Hi Gurus, Can someone let me know how to find the RAM size,ROM size and Number of processors for a linux server. Version :Linux 2.4.9-e.57smp Also what does "e.57smp" stands for? Thanks in advance gurus..... cheers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
3 Replies

5. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris sun4v - how do you determine physical RAM?

I have a Sun T5120, and I want to programmatically determine how much RAM it has. # uname -a SunOS myhost 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 The box has 64Gb; I tried prtdiag and prtconf, but they give me bogus info prtconf gives me: # prtconf |grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
12 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

root cannot write to Linux RAM

void main() { long ((long)(&array)); int x; for (;;) { (array) =+ 1023; printf("%c", array); } } What is wrong with this code to print Linux RAM? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
13 Replies

8. Red Hat

Physical RAM

Hi, I have a server (BL460c) with 32G of physical RAM. It currently only uses approx 5% its capacity but will use more (not sure how much more) pending the launch of further applications. If I need to build another node of similar functionality should I consider downgrading the physical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS : Can arc size value exceed Physical RAM ?

Hi, kstat -p -m zfs -n arcstats -s size returns zfs:0:arcstats:size 8177310584 this values is approx (7.61 GB) but my Physical Memory size is only 6144 Megabytes. Can this happen ? if yes, then how can I find free memory on the system. BTW, I ran the kstat commands from a Non... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapre_amit
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Linux Red Hat AS3 Network card is not detecting ...

Dear Expert, I 've installed Redhat linux AS3, My machine having Inbuild network card (Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection). I've downloaded e1000e-2.3.2 from Intel site, but its not working for my machine. I'm unable to configure the Network. ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
0 Replies
Arch::Tarball(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Arch::Tarball(3pm)

NAME
Arch::Tarball - an interface to create and work with tarballs SYNOPSIS
use Arch::Tarball my $tarball = Arch::Tarball->new; my $pipe = $tarball->create( dir => '/path/to/subdir-to-pack', base_name => 'new-subdir-to-pack', pipe => 1, ); DESCRIPTION
Arch::Tarball provides an object oriented interface to work with (create, examine or extract) standard gzipped tarballs. Note: As functionality is added only when needed, a lot of features are currently not implemented. METHODS
The following functions are available: new, create, extract, list. new %opts Creates a new Arch::Tarball object. The following parameters can be set via %opts: tar The name of the tar executable. Defaults to "tar". file The filename of the Tarball. create %opts Creates a new tarball (tar.gz) from a given directory structure. create understands the following options: dir (mandatory) Specifies the base directory for the tarball. The given directory and recursively its content will be added to the tarball. The directory's basename will be used as the first and the only subdirectory in the tarball. base_name Allow the programmer to specify a different base directory name for the tarball content than the basename of dir. In this case, 'cp' process is launched to temporarily rename the last element of dir. pipe When set, create does not create a physical tarball but writes the tarballs content to a newly created pipe. The pipe is returned by the create method. Note: Currently the pipe option is mandatory. extract %opts Extracts the tarball to a given target directory, specified by dir option. If dir option is not given, a temporary directory is created that will hold the extracted dirs/files. This directory is returned. The file option specifies the tarball file name. It may be given in the constructor instead. list %opts (not implemented yet) Returns a list of files and directories in the tarball. BUGS
Most functionality is currently not implemented. If you need part of the missing functionality, please contact the authors. Patches are greatly appreciated. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). Enno Cramer (uebergeek@web.de--2003/arch-perl--devel). perl v5.10.1 2005-04-22 Arch::Tarball(3pm)