Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO how to access data in a pen drive in sco openserver 6 Post 302272798 by jpradley on Wednesday 31st of December 2008 11:16:44 PM
Old 01-01-2009
Someone in the Legend mailing list just pointed me to a command I'd never heard of. Anyone can run it, but only root will get any output from it:

getlclfsdev

Once you know that it's /dev/dsk/whatever, you can either mount that and make a filesystem on it, or tar to it, or whatever else you wish.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Magneto-Optical drive for SCO Openserver 5.0.5

Hi, I tried to install Magneto-Optical (MO) drive Fujutsu to COMPAQ Proliant ML350 with SCO Openserver 5.0.5. Harddisk and MO are connected to Adaptec UW-SCSI-3 (driver ad160). During boot process system shows me that MO is connected to host adapter 1, bus 0, SCSI ID 1 and LUN 0. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yurist
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB pen drive support

Hello, I need information or tooling for using my USB pen drive (DANE-ELEC) in a unix environment. Until now I only get the "format window" in the unix machine but after giving OK for running the format, it never stops and I have to stop it manually. Seems that what I need is format my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Argento73
0 Replies

3. Debian

linux on 128MB pen drive?

hello, I want to install minimal linux on 128MB pen drive. distro is debian. what all should i need? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO hard drive with data - No SCO computer

Situation - i have an IDE hard drive from server apparently running SCO last used in 2003. No access to computer it was formerly in. I need to access the drive to pull off data files from a billing/scheduling program. I have no SCO machine or access to one atm. Have some limited Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordlars1
3 Replies

5. SCO

SCO Openserver Release 5 and HP VS160 Tape Drive

Hi, Does anyone know if a HP VS160 Tape drive will work with SCO Openserver Release 5? If so what driver would it use? alad, cha? Thanks John (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfd7000
3 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD pen drive issue....

Hi there, I am using freebsd 7.0 and I am facing a lot of issues with it. The cd installed fine. I opted for the gnome desktop and tht too installed (though the refresh rates were wrong and the resloution got messed up). After some configurations the desktop was working fine. Then came the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedidiah
5 Replies

7. Linux

Not able to remove virus from a pen drive

Hello Friends, My pendrive (FAT32 filesystem) consist of following files+viruses. -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 0 2010-03-10 01:29 autorun.inf dr-xr-xr-x 2 chinmay root 4096 2010-03-09 23:51 Docs -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 4726162 2010-03-08 15:02 java_ee_sdk-5_03-javadocs.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catchchinu1
4 Replies

8. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

10. SCO

Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive

I have a server unix Sco 5.0 and copy some backup files to flopy drive using command "Tar", but i like copy this files to pen drive, is possible ? my know about Sco is less. Tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger2112
1 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)                                                 System Administration                                                SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)