Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users solaris zones on different subnets Post 302272759 by 22blaze on Wednesday 31st of December 2008 05:09:15 PM
Old 12-31-2008
After many attempts with different varations, came up with a working repeatable solution.
Add second default route to /etc/defaultrouter:

#Production network
x.0.224.1
#Development network
x.0.228.1

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Zones

okay people i need some help: i was able to configure zones on my solaris 10 server, the problem is I can't ssh into the zones!!! I can zlogin -C zone2 successfully for both zones. Am I missing something? I can ping the zones, but can't ssh. From the zones, I can ping my global server. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris as router between two subnets

I have two networks which is not connected to each other. Each network has its own internet connection. I also have one Solaris machine with two NICs connected to both of the networks. How do I use the Solaris to connect both network so that hosts from either side of the network can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad Pakhri
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi All, I am getting zone error # /usr/sbin/zoneadm -z asflxpoc1 boot -s could not verify net address=169.185.246.229 physical=ce0: No such device or address could not verify net address=169.185.246.230 physical=ce0: No such device or address Any ideas for this error message. The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
13 Replies

4. Solaris

Regarding Solaris Zones

Hello All, I have a list of Local Zones in my list. I want to find out their Global Zone names exactly....I know the command "arp ..."But I dont know how to filter it correctly and find it out. Thanks in advance, Jacky (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi, I created a zone with separate /usr for the zone. when I do ping to newly created zone it showing alive, I am able to login through zone console zlogin -C -E <zone name> I created a test account on zone which is already existing under global zone and try to ssh, it is working fine but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alberto
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Zones

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on solaris zones earlier. I have a query regarding the zones. We have MQ software installed on a solaris container. I am not sure on which zone this s/w is intalled. I have logged into this container via putty. When I search for the package, I got the package... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi friends, Actually I faced problem in solaris zone. i was created 4 zones on my server. but one of them is not working ? so, where i wll get the error logs, and how to troubleshoot the problem. i have some kind of urgency. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					     SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)

NAME
nesting - shorewall6 Nested Zones SYNOPSIS
child-zone[:parent-zone[,parent-zone]...] DESCRIPTION
In shorewall6-zones[1](5), a zone may be declared to be a sub-zone of one or more other zones using the above syntax. The child-zone may be neither the firewall zone nor a vserver zone. The firewall zone may not appear as a parent zone, although all vserver zones are handled as sub-zones of the firewall zone. Where zones are nested, the CONTINUE policy in shorewall6-policy[2](5) allows hosts that are within multiple zones to be managed under the rules of all of these zones. EXAMPLE
/etc/shorewall6/zones: #ZONE TYPE OPTION fw firewall net ipv6 sam:net ipv6 loc ipv6 /etc/shorewall6/interfaces: #ZONE INTERFACE BROADCAST OPTIONS - eth0 detect blacklist loc eth1 detect /etc/shorewall6/hosts: #ZONE HOST(S) OPTIONS net eth0:[::] sam eth0:[2001:19f0:feee::dead:beef:cafe] /etc/shorewall6/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY LOG LEVEL loc net ACCEPT sam all CONTINUE net all DROP info all all REJECT info The second entry above says that when Sam is the client, connection requests should first be processed under rules where the source zone is sam and if there is no match then the connection request should be treated under rules where the source zone is net. It is important that this policy be listed BEFORE the next policy (net to all). You can have this policy generated for you automatically by using the IMPLICIT_CONTINUE option in shorewall6.conf[3](5). Partial /etc/shorewall6/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST PORT(S) ... ACCEPT sam loc:2001:19f0:feee::3 tcp ssh ACCEPT net loc:2001:19f0:feee::5 tcp www ... Given these two rules, Sam can connect with ssh to 2001:19f0:feee::3. Like all hosts in the net zone, Sam can connect to TCP port 80 on 2001:19f0:feee::5. The order of the rules is not significant. FILES
/etc/shorewall6/zones /etc/shorewall6/interfaces /etc/shorewall6/hosts /etc/shorewall6/policy /etc/shorewall6/rules SEE ALSO
shorewall6(8), shorewall6-accounting(5), shorewall6-actions(5), shorewall6-blacklist(5), shorewall6-hosts(5), shorewall6-interfaces(5), shorewall6-maclist(5), shoewall6-netmap(5),shorewall6-params(5), shorewall6-policy(5), shorewall6-providers(5), shorewall6-rtrules(5), shorewall6-routestopped(5), shorewall6-rules(5), shorewall6.conf(5), shorewall6-secmarks(5), shorewall6-tcclasses(5), shorewall6-tcdevices(5), shorewall6-tcrules(5), shorewall6-tos(5), shorewall6-tunnels(5), shorewall6-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall6-zones http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall-zones.html 2. shorewall6-policy http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall6-policy.html 3. shorewall6.conf http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall6.conf.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)