Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access problem.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access problem. Post 302272723 by leepan2008 on Wednesday 31st of December 2008 02:17:45 PM
Old 12-31-2008
This is the directory permissions for the slave

drwxr--r-- 6 ag32563 user 4096 Sep 23 11:10 slave

Does execute bit also needs to be set in order to make a copy?I thought read permissions are sufficient to make a copy from one user to another user.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp access problem

Hello, I am trying to access the remote redhat linux server from a windows 2000 machine thro ftp, but i am getting the error ie connection timed out. FTP service is running on the server. since ftp is working locally. And also i can able to ping to remote server also. Still i am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Need someone to help, MySQL problem, no root access

Hi! I have a website, and it's been down for a long time now, because MySQL died (www.3dkingdom.org). I need someone who can get me the root password of the server (I will find someone to take care of the MySQL database, because there is about 20 sites there and none of them have MySQL databases... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM

Hi I have users A and B in UNIX system both are not having root priveleges. User A has written a script file where it connects to database and uses a logfile directed to the path in directory of USER B. I copied the script into USER B directory and tried to run the script. Its giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem trying to access a database

hi guys, I am using the following code in order to access a database. #!/usr/bin/perl print "READ DATA FROM DATABASE\n"; use DBI; use strict; #use DBD::Oracle; my $user='reassure'; my $pass='R3Assur3'; #my $dsn="dbi:Oracle:orcl"; my $dsn='dbi:Oracle:cobscs.world'; my $dbh =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

FTP access problem

Hi dear all When i try to connect to an ftp site it shows the following error "An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://xyz.org/ Squid sent the following FTP command: PASS <yourpassword> and then received this reply User anonymous cannot log in" I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfer24
3 Replies

6. Linux

file system access problem

I have 3 windows partitions (c,d,e) all of NTFS file system i mounted them while installing open suse in /win/c,/win/d,/win/e created a user other than "root" eg: "us1" problem 1: by loggimg into linux by user "us1" iam unable to see files in mounted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File access/ Never seen problem!

Dear Guru's, I am being facing strange issue in UNIX. My user name is shah and one more user name is appstest I have a directory created by appstest user i.e. /home/appstest/work ls -ld /home/appstest/work drwxrwxr-x 10 appstest apps 12288 Aug 06 23:41 /home/appstest/work Now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in access in array variables

hi all, its me again!!! i've requirement like this: i want to create a file & an array with its name having the filename as its substring. here is the test script!! #!/bin/bash touch $1 declare -a $1_rec; echo -n "$1_rec: " read $1_rec; echo $]; now see output: this is when i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Login access problem

Hi, If i changed my password then i can able to enter into linux box. After some time if i tried then i can not able to enter into the same box. I have tried lot of times, But it is not resolved yet. I got below error message Error Message : Timeout before authentication for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
4 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Big problem during the access for the password

Every time that i quit from the forum despite i'm 100 % sure that i put the right login (i make a copy and past of the correct data) i obtain always the message that the login is wrong so i must always reset it. :wall: Could be a bug? I use a 64 bit linux system. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
4 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)