Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can DOS close an open file?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Can DOS close an open file? Post 302272712 by reborg on Wednesday 31st of December 2008 01:09:16 PM
Old 12-31-2008
Not easily and not directly through DOS. You would have to write a control for excel to close and reopen the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File status - open/close ??

Is there any commands in UNIX, like isopen(),isclose() to know whether a file has been opened for read/write purpose.? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pal
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should a UNIX daemon process close open fds?

I have a UNIX daemon process that's been started by a parent process, an application server. The behavior of this daemon process is to inherit and use the app server's file descriptors (ports/sockets). When I shutdown the app server, the daemon continues to run, because there may be other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalashar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

close open files before remove

Hi I have a script to remove log files when it reaches %70 usage in order to descending order of dates. But sometimes it happens to remove open - being processes files , so makes them unlinked from the directors and results them disappeared. How can I solve this problem , simple scenario I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of open files (Dir's) how to close?

I am having a client/server application which will download files from server. If server has directories, it will create directories/sub directories and then download files. In this process, I observed that number of open files are more than 400 (which is approxmately same as number of dir/subdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyam90
1 Replies

5. Solaris

file open/read/write/close/access by process

Hi want to know what file (descriptor+filename+socket) is being accessed by particular process on solaris. Purpose : while running perf. test, needs to find where is the bottleneck. We are providing concurrnet load for around 1 hr and needs to capture data related to file usage pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emptying a file (bring the size of the file down to 0 , or close to 0)

Hi I tried to empty an existing file (bring the size of the file down to 0). When I used “> myFile” or “cat </dev/null >myFile”, when I do a “ls –la”, the file size shows as 0. I then wrote 540 lines to the file, and then opened it using vi, I see something like this: "myFile" 540 lines,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qmqmqm
3 Replies

7. Programming

when parent process close, how to close the child?

can someone provide an example, where if the parent process quits for any reason, then the child process will also close? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Open/close of ports

Hi, I have read some forum theads about the open and close ports. some points are clear and it is not working on my machine or something am i missing? I have commented out a port /etc/services, one application uses then when i use the telnet <hostname> <port_blocked> it shows connected..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work with setsid to open a session and close it correctly

I would like to create the following script: run a python script with setsid python may or may not fail with exception check if all of the group processes were terminated correctly if not, kill the remaining processes How can I do that? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASF Studio
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from a close and open parenthesis?

Hi Gurus, I have an input like the one below. What i wanted to achieved is to create a select statement based from that information INPUTInsert into table_name (col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,DATE1,DATE2,col6,col7,col8,col9,col10,col11) values (6752,14932156,24,'ALL','Staff',to_date('04/17/2017... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
6 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)