Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular Expressions in If clause Post 302272343 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 10:01:42 AM
Old 12-30-2008
If for some reason you do not wish to use a case statement, here is one way of doing it using if statements. This works for bash and ksh93.
Code:
for eachFile in `ls`
do
   if [[ $eachFile =~ ^B ]]
   then
   fi
   if [[ $eachFile =~ ^S ]]
   then
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

How can i create a regular expression which can detect a new line charcter followed by a special character say * and replace these both by a string of zero length? Eg: Input File san.txt hello hi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expressions

Hi, can anyone advise me how to shorten this: if || ; then I tried but it dosent seem to work, whats the correct way. Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expressions

how to find for a file whose name has all characters in uppercase after 'project'? I tried this: find . -name 'project**.pdf' ./projectABC.pdf ./projectABC123.pdf I want only ./projectABC.pdf What is the regular expression that correponds to "all characters are capital"? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular Expressions

Hi, below is a piece of code written by my predecessor at work. I'm kind of a newbie and am trying to figure out all the regular expressions in this piece of code. It is really a tough time for me to figure out all the regular expressions. Please shed some light on the regular expressions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Regular Expressions

Hi, In ksh, I am trying to compare folder names having -141- in it's name. e.g.: 4567-141-8098 should match this expression '*-141-*' but, -141-2354 should fail when compared with '*-141-*' simlarly, abc should fail when compared with '*-141-*' I tried multiple things but nevertheless,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jidsh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

what elements does " /^/ " match? I did the test which indicates that it matches single lowercase character like 'a','b' etc. and '1','2' etc. But I really confused with that. Because, "/^abc/" matches strings like "abcedf" or "abcddddee". So, what does caret ^ really mean? Any response... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions help

need a regex that matches when a number has a zero (0) at the end of it so like 10 20 120 30 330 1000 and so on (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have a file that I'm trying to find all the cases of phone number extensions and deleting them. So input file looks like: abc x93825 def 13234 x52673 hello output looks like: abc def 13234 hello Basically delete lines that have 5 numbers following "x". I tried: x\(4) but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

I am new to shell scripts.Can u please help me on this req. test_user = "Arun" if echo "test_user is a word" else echo "test_user is not a word" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrababu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

Hi Ilove unix and alwyas trying to to learn unix,but i am weak in using regular expressions.can you please give me a littel brief discription that how can i understand them and how to use .your response could lead a great hand in my unix love. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj attri
1 Replies
RDF::Redland::Statement(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      RDF::Redland::Statement(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Redland::Statement - Redland RDF Statement Class SYNOPSIS
use RDF::Redland; my $statement1=new RDF::Redland::Statement($statement); my $statement2=new RDF::Redland::Statement($subject,$predicate,$object); ... if($statement->subject->equals($node)) { ... } DESCRIPTION
Manipulate RDF statements which comprise three RDF::Redland::Node objects. Also used for partial statements which can have empty parts and are used for matching statements in statement queries of the model - see the RDF::Redland::Model. CONSTRUCTORS
new NODE NODE NODE|STATEMENT Create a new statement from nodes or copy an existing statement. If three NODEs are given, make a new statement from them. Each Node can be a Redland::RDF:Node, a Redland::RDF::URI, a perl URI or a string literal. Otherwise STATEMENT must be an existing statement to copy. clone Copy a RDF::Redland::Statement. METHODS
subject [SUBJECT] Get/set the statement subject. When a RDF::Redland::Node SUBJECT is given, sets the subject of the statement, otherwise returns a reference to the statement RDF::Redland::Node subject. predicate [PREDICATE] Get/set the statement predicate. When RDF::Redland::Node PREDICATE is given, sets the predicate of the statement, otherwise returns a reference to the statement RDF::Redland::Node predicate. object [OBJECT] Get/set the statement object. When RDF::Redland::Node OBJECT is given, sets the object of the statement, otherwise returns a reference to the statement RDF::Redland::Node object. as_string Return the statement formatted as a string (UTF-8 encoded). equals STATEMENT Return non zero if this statement is equal to STATEMENT OLD METHODS
new_from_nodes SUBJECT PREDICATE OBJECT Create a new RDF::Redland::Statement with the given RDF::Redland::Node objects as parts (or undef when empty for a partial statement). Use instead: $a=new RDF::Redland::Statement($subject, $predicate, $object); new_from_statement STATEMENT Create a new RDF::Redland::Statement object from RDF::Redland::Statement STATEMENT (copy constructor). Use instead: $s=$old_statement->clone; SEE ALSO
RDF::Redland::Node AUTHOR
Dave Beckett - http://www.dajobe.org/ perl v5.14.2 2011-02-04 RDF::Redland::Statement(3pm)