Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: increase Root size
Operating Systems Solaris increase Root size Post 302272322 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 09:06:16 AM
Old 12-30-2008
the easiest way is to dump all filesystems to a backup and resize all filesystems to your needs. after that you can restore the data to you disk. there are some tools to do something like this. you can use "ufsdump/ufsrestore" or the flasharchive "flar" command. you'll find good documentation at the sun website (Sun Microsystems Documentation).

good luck,
DN2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to increase the size of the stack

Hi!!, could someone tell me how to increase the stack size in HP-UX? Thanx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

4. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to increase size of the root partition

Hi we have a sunfire v880 server . we have a problem with root partion it showing 90% full. so anyone can help me how to increase the size of that partion. NOTE: It is not in veritas & SVM control. Regards prakash (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshelke
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

increase root partition

i am using redhat 5.4 and my root size shows 98 %, how can i increase root size # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 77G 16G 75G 98% / /dev/sda1 2.4G 82M 2.2G 4% /boot tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0%... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase root file system size ...

Hello Admins, I am running a redhat linux 5 on vmware workstation. I need to increase or add some more space to my root (/) partition. I don't have any LVM configured.. Please suggest. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 3.8G 3.1G ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Increase Font size

Hi friends I want increase font size in linux can anybody help me plese Example:this is my in put Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 18G 2.5G 14G 15% / /dev/sda2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuibm
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)