Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell - Matching 3 letter file names Post 302272296 by pludi on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 07:31:33 AM
Old 12-30-2008
bdf won't give you any info on the files inside that partition. Instead try
Code:
find /home/jimmy -name '???' -type -f -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find capital letter names in a file without finding words at start of sentence

Hi, I want to be able to list all the names in a file which begin with a capital letter, but I don't want it to list words that begin a new sentence. Is there any way round this? Thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kev269
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching a letter in a word

hi, if i have a string of letters and seperatly i have a single letter. how do i check whether that specific letter is in my string aswell? any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furqan_79
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file names in a shell script

I want to write a shell script that will rename all the file names to today's date attached to it.. so for example i have a file names like file1.sales.20081201.txt.c zbrs.salestxtn.20091101.txt.inn then it will rename both the files with todays date to it so the file names get changed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching names in 2 text files

I have 2 text files like ________________________________ Company Name:yada yada ADDRESS:some where, CITY,STATE CONTACT PEOPLE:first_name1.last_name1,first_name2.last_name2,first_name3.last_name3 LEAD:first_name.last_name ________________________________ & Data file2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rider29
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all File names starting with letter P

Hi, I have lets say 10 files , I need to process them one by one. So I need a command to get one file name at a time to process it into a variable Example Files P1111.dat P3344.dat S344.dat ... v_file_name = 'p111.dat' .. I will rename it to something after processing ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prassu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names

I have a .CSV file (frequency - weekly) whose header contains the year-week value in two of the columns which keeps changing every week. For an instance please see below. Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10,Column11,Column12,Column13,201420... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs

As part of a bash the below line strips off a numerical prefix from directory 1 to search for in directory 2. for file in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt do file1=${file##*/} # Strip off directory getprefix=${file1%%_*.txt} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. SCO

Long file names within shell script

I am downloading a zip file that contain files that are very long. I am trying to process them, but cannot. I can move the files from one directory to another at the shell prompt, but not within a shell script, I get a stat error. The files look somewhat like this; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
5 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)