Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot Post 302272226 by csorhand on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 02:28:00 AM
Old 12-30-2008
Jack,

Can you list down your partitions including partitions of Windows?

Cheers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Red Hat and 2000

Hi, I'm trying to set up a dual boot with Win2000 and Red Hat. I installed Win 2000 first a partitioned 2 separate drives. When I start the Red Hat install with Disk Druid, it sees my partitioned drives, but won't let me install Red Hat. What is my issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jensam
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Red Hat Linux Boot Problems

Hi. I have an 81 gig hard drive and split it up into 2 partitions. One for linux and the other for windows. I had my windows up and running and it was doing fine. Then i started my linux. I go Red Hat Linux out and installed it on the partition. This all worked out well. However, when i rebooted... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install linux from cd, for dual boot w/98

I am a new user w/Linux-Unix, i want to know were i have to start first, install linux first or win 98 first, i have a 30-gig harddrive on my home pc , do i have enough space to run linux and 98 w/dual booting (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe barone
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

6. Linux

How to remove Red Hat 4 OS from dual boot

Hi Xperts out there Previously i have Vista Standard installed in my notebook. Then i have installed Red Hat 4 and currently my notebook are dual boot OS. Now i'm thinking to remove all my Red Hat 4 out. So how to achive this without risking my Vista Standard. :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Buffer I/O error in red hat linux boot up

I get error message when boot up red hat linux Buffer I/O error on device hdc ,logical block XX ... /dev/hdc:read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0 : input/output error ..... I paste the /etc/fstab file in here /dev/hdc is cdrom How can I fix it Please advice # cat /etc/fstab # This file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Step to Install Red Hat Linux

Hi, I need to install red hat Linux 9 with hardware raid 0. kindly share steps to carry out the same. Rgds Deljatt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
8 Replies
volunroot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      volunroot(8)

NAME
volunroot - Remove Logical Storage Manager hooks for rootable volumes SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volunroot [-a | -A] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be converted back to UNIX disk partitions, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. Forces removal of the private region unless it is the last one in the system. DESCRIPTION
The volunroot script can be used to restore the accessibility of the root, swap, and other file systems on the boot disk directly through disk partitions instead of through volume devices. The script also removes other changes that were made to enable booting of the system from the root volume, so that the system will boot with no dependency on the Logical Storage Manager. When used with no options, volunroot affects only the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. For volunroot to work properly, only one plex must exist for each of the affected volumes. This plex must be the one created by volrootmir or the original plex created when the root disk was encapsulated. This ensures that the underlying subdisks will have equivalent partitions defined for them on the disk. If these conditions are not met, the volunroot operation fails and none of the volumes are converted to disk partitions. The unwanted plexes can be removed using either voledit or volplex. SEE ALSO
volencap(8), voldiskadm(8), voledit(8), volintro(8), volplex(8), volrootmir(8) volunroot(8)