Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lost home directory
Operating Systems Solaris lost home directory Post 302272190 by Msororaji on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 12:42:43 AM
Old 12-30-2008
Thanks for your response guys

The response for df -k /home is below
Quote:
root@PRD#
root@PRD#df -k /home
Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on
auto_home 0 0 0 0% /home
root@PRD#

however I realize when the home directories were visible command df -k /home would show it mounted on device /dev/md/dsk/d30 which has the root filesystem .

I believe the person who created the users picked /home as the home directory for the users he created

NIS/LDAP or similar name services are not in use

in /etc/nsswitch.conf
automount: files

I'm not sure where the backing filesystem for the home directories is local or remote but I have a backup of the root filesystem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost+found directory

what is the directory "lost+found" and how is it used? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Deleted Lost+Found directory

If you delete your lost & found directory, how do you get it back, just do a mkdir? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Deletion of Data from Lost+Found Directory

Hie I am running a sun solaris server of about 300 gigabytes disk capacity. The problem is that the machine has been having problems over the past year and at times the machine would just freeze or hang and had to be re-booted. Consequently there are too many entries in the lost+found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranganai
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost /home/directory for users

I'm using HPUX 11i. The other day a user logon to the workstation and was not able to find the /home/directory (tom is the directory) I login myself and it is the same thing. The home directory is on the server, so I was thinking of using sam to map it again. does anyone know how to do it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blizzgamer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
Mojo::Home(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Mojo::Home(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Home - Detect and access the project root directory in Mojo SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Home; my $home = Mojo::Home->new; $home->detect; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Home is a container for home directories. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Home implements the following attributes. "app_class" my $class = $home->app_class; $home = $home->app_class('Foo::Bar'); Application class. METHODS
Mojo::Home inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "new" my $home = Mojo::Home->new; my $home = Mojo::Home->new('/home/sri/myapp'); Construct a new Mojo::Home object. "detect" $home = $home->detect; $home = $home->detect('My::App'); Detect home directory from the value of the "MOJO_HOME" environment variable or application class. "lib_dir" my $path = $home->lib_dir; Path to "lib" directory of application. "list_files" my $files = $home->list_files; my $files = $home->list_files('foo/bar'); Portably list all files recursively in directory relative to the home diectory. $home->rel_file($home->list_files('templates/layouts')->[1]); "mojo_lib_dir" my $path = $home->mojo_lib_dir; Path to "lib" directory in which Mojolicious is installed. "parse" $home = $home->parse('/home/sri/myapp'); Parse home directory. "rel_dir" my $path = $home->rel_dir('foo/bar'); Portably generate an absolute path for a directory relative to the home directory. "rel_file" my $path = $home->rel_file('foo/bar.html'); Portably generate an absolute path for a file relative to the home directory. "slurp_rel_file" my $string = $home->slurp_rel_file('foo/bar.html'); Portably read all data at once from file relative to the home directory. my $content = $home->slurp_rel_file($home->list_files('public')->[1]); "to_string" my $string = $home->to_string; my $string = "$home"; Home directory. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Home(3pm)