Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lost home directory
Operating Systems Solaris lost home directory Post 302272190 by Msororaji on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 12:42:43 AM
Old 12-30-2008
Thanks for your response guys

The response for df -k /home is below
Quote:
root@PRD#
root@PRD#df -k /home
Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on
auto_home 0 0 0 0% /home
root@PRD#

however I realize when the home directories were visible command df -k /home would show it mounted on device /dev/md/dsk/d30 which has the root filesystem .

I believe the person who created the users picked /home as the home directory for the users he created

NIS/LDAP or similar name services are not in use

in /etc/nsswitch.conf
automount: files

I'm not sure where the backing filesystem for the home directories is local or remote but I have a backup of the root filesystem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost+found directory

what is the directory "lost+found" and how is it used? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Deleted Lost+Found directory

If you delete your lost & found directory, how do you get it back, just do a mkdir? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Deletion of Data from Lost+Found Directory

Hie I am running a sun solaris server of about 300 gigabytes disk capacity. The problem is that the machine has been having problems over the past year and at times the machine would just freeze or hang and had to be re-booted. Consequently there are too many entries in the lost+found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranganai
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost /home/directory for users

I'm using HPUX 11i. The other day a user logon to the workstation and was not able to find the /home/directory (tom is the directory) I login myself and it is the same thing. The home directory is on the server, so I was thinking of using sam to map it again. does anyone know how to do it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blizzgamer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
FLAMEROBIN(1)						   Firebird Administration Tool 					     FLAMEROBIN(1)

NAME
flamerobin -- management and data manipulation tool for the Firebird DBMS SYNOPSIS
flamerobin [-h directory | --home=directory] [-uh directory | --user-home=directory] DESCRIPTION
flamerobin is a graphical frontend to the Firebird DBMS. It is small and simple, yet offers all the basic features needed to create and manipulate databases, execute queries and perform administrative tasks. This manual page only documents the run-time options and environment of flamerobin. Information about using the GUI may be obtained by selecting the Help -> Manual menu item once the application is running. flamerobin uses two directory hierarchies for its normal operation. The data directory contains the templates for property pages, the default configuration and the on-line documentation grouped into three sub-directories as follows: conf-defs default configuration docs on-line documentation html-templates templates for property pages The user home directory contains the per-user configuration, comprising three entries: fr_databases.conf this file stores the user's registered databases. fr_settings.conf this file stores the user's preferences related to the flamerobin GUI. history this directory holds the SQL statement history, one item per file. flamerobin accepts several options, which are described as follows: -h directory --home=directory Use directory as the data directory (but see ENVIRONMENT below). -uh directory --user-home=directory Use directory as the user home directory (but see ENVIRONMENT and CAVEATS below). ENVIRONMENT
FR_HOME Specifies an alternate location for the flamerobin data directory. If both -h (or --home) and this environment variable are set, the command line argument takes precedence. FR_USER_HOME Specifies an alternate location for the flamerobin user home directory. If both -uh (or --user-home) and this environment variable are set, the command line argument takes precedence. FILES
/usr/share/flamerobin The default flamerobin data directory. ~/.flamerobin The default flamerobin user home directory. AUTHORS
flamerobin was written by The FlameRobin Development Team <http://www.flamerobin.org/>. CAVEATS
flamerobin only writes files under the user home directory. If flamerobin is configured so that this directory and the files contained therein are shared among several users or concurrent instances of flamerobin, no precaution is taken to avoid overwriting settings created by other users or other application instances. NOTES
The specification of the data directory and the user home directory (regardless of whether they occur in the environment or on the command line) may be the literal string ``$app'' which translates to a common data folder determined at compilation time, or ``$user'' which trans- lates to the user local data directory. These options currently have effect only on Windows platform. FlameRobin 0.7 April 12, 2006 FlameRobin 0.7