Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting the file only to all the directory and sub directory Post 302271980 by suman_dba1 on Monday 29th of December 2008 08:07:31 AM
Old 12-29-2008
Hi

rm -rf dirname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting A Directory!

This must be simple! How do you delete a directory that contains other files and directories?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefinger
2 Replies

2. Programming

problem deleting date-time stamped file in a directory

I have a number of files of the format filename.xfr_mmddyy_%H%M%S which i get in a specified directory daily. Now i want to search in the specified directory & delete the files which are more than 2 days old .So I use a command find $DIR/backup/* -ctime +2 -exec rm -f {} \; But after executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the oldest file in a directory

Hey! I have found similar posts both here and on other sites regarding this, but I cannot seem to get my script to work. I want to delete the oldest file in a test directory if there are more than two files. My script is currently: #!/bin/bash MEPATH=/usr/local/bin/test FILECOUNT=`ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Immolation
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a type of file in a directory immediately it occurs

Hi All, I have to maintain few servers and in those servers in a specific directory some special jobs keeps on running ....... The directory is having many kind of files like.....acd*, hud*, rca*....bla bla bla....... My aim is that if due to any job-any time a file having initials like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendra.pat04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a directory and zipping another directory

Hi Folks, I have a directory in unix that is /usr/local/pos contain the folowing directoreis ..that is dir1 dir2 dir3 now I want to delete only dir2 please advise how to remove the directory dir 2 ..that is rm command and how to use it , and second if I want to zip the dir3 please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting-I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory

I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory. If it finds a file in directory, it should search for few specific keyword in the file. if the keyword exists, it should trim string from specific column. The file should be moved to another directory and the a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
8 Replies

9. AIX

Deleting a Directory

I have a directory under my home directory called: my work. I cannot delete this directory and I want to. If anyone needs additional information. Please let me know. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nerdgirl1313
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)