Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris LDAP user password reset script Post 302271940 by otheus on Monday 29th of December 2008 06:02:12 AM
Old 12-29-2008
If you post (relevant parts of) the CGI script, I'm sure we can help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to write a script to reset user's password?

Is there anyway that I can reset user's password using a script/ssh command? ie. emulate passwd command with a default password of abc123 or even null value? > ssh server1 pwdadm user1 < /dev/null or > ssh server1 passwd user1 < /dev/null neither worked for me.. but you know what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Looking for a script to reset password

All, I have a Solaris 9 system and I would like to create a script that would reset the password of a local user to something specific on a daily basis. Someone suggested the following: passwd --stdin username < passwd_file However, this doesn't work on Solaris. Does anyone know of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to reset user password

hi, i am unable to reset one of my server user password. whenever i make a "passwd username" i get the following error ======================================== New Password: Re-enter new Password: Permission denied ======================================== please advise.thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
6 Replies

4. Solaris

changing user password as root on LDAP client SOl10/u7

I'm fairly inexperienced with LDAP and DSEE so to build my skills I installed directory server in the global zone of my Sol 10/u7 machine and created a zone to use as a client. For some reason when I try to change a users password as root (in the client zone) with passwd -r ldap I am prompted for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Remote Reset Password for User ?

Hello, everyone i have a little scenario and would like help , SCENARIO OS : SunOS 5.10 Shell: KSH UserName 1 connects to Server1 .He should run a little command or somthing to server2 that Resets the password of user2. i have tried this : ssh user@server2 '/usr/local/bin/sudo passwd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
0 Replies

6. Solaris

how to Remote Reset Password for User ?

Hello, everyone i have a little scenario and would like help , SCENARIO OS : SunOS 5.10 Shell: KSH UserName 1 connects to Server1 .He should run a little command or somthing to server2 that Resets the password of user2. i have tried this : ssh user@server2 '/usr/local/bin/sudo passwd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reset the ldap root password?

How to change the ldap root password. I have generated the password by using "slappasswd " command, but In my root machine "/etc/ldap/sldap.d" file is not there. instead of the file sldap.d directory only is there. please help me...? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password reset script

Hi, I could like to change my remote system user password. Could you please guile me, If you have any existing scripting there. please let me know Thanks & Regards, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

User password reset

Hello - I want to reset user password in multiple server via root ID. I have passwordless authentication for root between all the servers. I an use loop to reset the password. I am using below command in loop echo mypassword | passwd username --stdin However, if anyone sees history - he... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Giving password reset access to non-root user, in LDAP

Hi, We have two LDAP servers. Whenever we get a ticket to reset the password, we login to LDAP primary server and reset the password. For below example, I logged into primary LDAP server and resetting password to john to Welcome123# We are giving this work to tier-1 team, so that they can reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
BAK2DB.PL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      BAK2DB.PL(8)

NAME
bak2db.pl - Directory Server perl script for restoring a backup SYNOPSIS
bak2db.pl -a archivedir [-Z serverID] [-D rootdn] { -w password | -w - | -j filename } [-t dbtype] [-n backendname] [-P protocol] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Restores a database from a backup. The Directory Server must be started prior to running this script. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -a archivedir The directory of the archived database. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -D Root DN The Directory Manager DN, or root DN. If not specified, the script will search the server instance configuration for the value. -w password The rootdn password. -w - Prompt for the rootdn password. -j password filename The name of the file that contains the root DN password. -t database type The backend database type (default: ldbm database). -n Backend Name The name of the LDBM database to restore. Example: userRoot -P Protocol The connection protocol to connect to the Directory Server. Protocols are STARTTLS, LDAPS, LDAPI, and LDAP. If this option is skipped, the most secure protocol that is available is used. For LDAPI, AUTOBIND is also available for the root user. -v Display verbose ouput -h Display usage EXAMPLE
bak2db.pl -a /LDAP/backups/20130305/ -D 'cn=directory manager' -w password -n userRoot -P LDAPS Note: security must be enabled to use protocol LDAPS. If LDAPS is not available it will default to next strongest/available proto- col automatically. bak2db.pl -a /LDAP/backups/20130305/ -Z instance2 -w password -n example -P LDAPI DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
bak2db.pl was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 BAK2DB.PL(8)