Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to loop through directories to touch files Post 302271602 by sussane on Friday 26th of December 2008 03:44:05 PM
Old 12-26-2008
Network How to loop through directories to touch files

Hi,

Please help me on this.

Suppose i have the following directory structure.
/app/data
/app/data/eng
/app/data/med
/app/data/bsc

each of the directories data,data/eng,data/med,data/bsc holds files with date extension like
a.20081230
b.20081230 and so on

I need a script to loop through the directories and touch the files .

please suggest as i am new to unix.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop through all files and directories.

I'm trying to write a script that will loop through all files and directories down from a path I give it, and change the permissions and ACL. I was able to do the obvious way and change the files and folders on the same level as teh path...but I need it to continue on deeper into the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to move files in different directories

Hi, I have various log files in different paths. e.g. a/b/c/d/e/server.log a/b/c/d/f/server.log a/b/c/d/g/server.log a/b/c/h/e/server.log a/b/c/h/f/server.log a/b/c/h/g/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log and above these have an archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc01
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through Sub Directories and search for set of files

I have the below directory in unix environment /home/bkup/daily: ls -lrt drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 12 18:21 20110112/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 13 17:06 20110113/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 14 16:44 20110114/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop directories mv files to target in range

Hello, Currently I have a painstaking process that I use to move file for a monthly archive. I have to run the same two commands for 24 different directories. I wish to have a script with a for loop automate this and I have not been able to succeed. Here is what I do 24 times. I know this is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop over certain user directories and find files

Hello I have user directories that contain /temp directory. Example folders: /user1/temp/ /user2/temp/ /user3/temp/ How can i loop over all user directories and find all files only in their /temp folder? Thanks a lot for help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flavius42
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move several files into specific directories with a loop

Hello, I'm a first time poster looking for help in scripting a task in my daily routine. I am new in unix but i am attracted to its use as a mac user. Bear with me... I have several files (20) that I manually drag via the mouse into several named directories over a network. I've used rsync... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SonnyClark
14 Replies
Plack::App::Cascade(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Plack::App::Cascade(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::Cascade - Cascadable compound application SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::Cascade; use Plack::App::URLMap; use Plack::App::File; # Serve static files from multiple search paths my $cascade = Plack::App::Cascade->new; $cascade->add( Plack::App::File->new(root => "/www/example.com/foo")->to_app ); $cascade->add( Plack::App::File->new(root => "/www/example.com/bar")->to_app ); my $app = Plack::App::URLMap->new; $app->map("/static", $cascade); $app->to_app; DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::Cascade is a Plack middleware component that compounds several apps and tries them to return the first response that is not 404. METHODS
new $app = Plack::App::Cascade->new(apps => [ $app1, $app2 ]); Creates a new Cascade application. add $app->add($app1); $app->add($app2, $app3); Appends a new application to the list of apps to try. You can pass the multiple apps to the one "add" call. catch $app->catch([ 403, 404 ]); Sets which error codes to catch and process onwards. Defaults to 404. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::URLMap Rack::Cascade perl v5.14.2 2011-12-04 Plack::App::Cascade(3pm)