Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to invoke a script upon arrival of a file Post 302271510 by sais on Friday 26th of December 2008 04:54:04 AM
Old 12-26-2008
thanks a lot dr.house

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File arrival status

If there is a file being transferred from one box to another box, How can one confirm on the 2nd box..that the file has arrived, and transfer is complete ? I mean in addition to checking the file exists, I want to confirm its transferred completely and not growing in size. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsh76
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke shell script

hi everybody, i learning unix now only.Can u pls guide me in invoking a shell script.Actually i need to know how to write the command for invoking the shell script.Suppose the shell file name is count , then how i will write the command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopa_mani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke same script twice

hey, can I invoke the same script twice simultaneously? I want both instances to run at the same time with different parameters. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to invoke a shell script from xml file.

hi all, forgive me if this question is not relevant to this section. i have a shell file that will automatically deploy the files that are necessary and will compile them. i need to automate this management process through cruise control, for this i need to know whether it is possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to invoke a sh script from KSH

Hi all, Iam writing a KSH script which needs to export dispaly to Xwindows and then involke a sh script .. But a core file is getting genrated for reasons not known to me. Please check i need incorporate below mentioend code in my script which iam not abel to .. export DISPLAY=`who am i |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to get the arrival count of file

Hello All, I have come across a small problem. It would be great if any of you could help me in resolving the issue. one file named dummy.txt will be ftped to Unix machine twice daily. If i receive it second time in a day i need to do some processing with the file. How to find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need File arrival time(sftp) command

Hi All, I am getting some file through using sftp from another server to my server. I want know the exact file arrival time on my sytem I have tried stat command . it gives me the below details $ stat abc.txt File: `abc.txt Size: 24231 Blocks: 48 IO Block:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script shell calculate mean arrival request duration

hello, I have implemented this command : tshark -eth0 -T fiels -e frame.time et sip.Request-Line -z sip,stat > test2.txt the result of this command : test.txt: Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.334270000 INVITE Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.335045000 SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized Aug 27, 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amouna
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Depend on Script message needs to be invoke anothe script

I have script below #! /bin/bash if then echo "JBoss is NOT running" else echo "JBoss is running" fi If JBoss is NOT running need to be invoke another script i.e jboss startup script /home/vizion/Desktop/jboss-4.2.3.GA/bin/run.sh script from other script not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
5 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)