Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Wants to use User defined Macro in Makefile Post 302271494 by amit_27 on Friday 26th of December 2008 01:01:08 AM
Old 12-26-2008
So any other way to do it or i have to go to respective file and has to make changes?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk user-defined function

HELP!!!! I am in an on-line shell programming class and have a question. Here is the data: Mike Harrington:(510) 548-1278:250:100:175 Christian Dobbins:(408) 538-2358:155:90:201 Susan Dalsass:(206) 654-6279:250:60:50 (There are 12 contribuors total) This database contains names, phone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewbieGirl
1 Replies

2. AIX

User defined signal 1

Hi, I am just running a incremental back-up on one of my server. But these days It abrubtly fails with below error. ========== User defined signal 1 =========== When I rerun the back-up, It completed successfully.Earlier this was not happening. Any Idea, what could be the problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitesh_raj
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User defined service

I want to add a new IP service which executes a script on SCO OS5. I have amended /etc/services and added to port number (3333) I have amended /etc/inetd.conf and added a line for this service but I can't get it to execute my own shell script When I telnet to the IP address on port 3333 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markdrury
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with User Defined Function

Dear Friends, I need a help regarding User defined function in shell script. My problem is as follows: my_func.sh my_funcI(){ grep 'mystring' I.dat } my_funcQ(){ grep 'mystring' Q.dat } myfuncI myfuncQ But As both the function has same function only the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
11 Replies

5. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. Programming

add more user-defined signals

Hi Is there a way to add more user-defined signals? I am currently using SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 - but I need another one. How can I do that? Thanks! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamabm
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User defined functions in awk

Hi; Is der ne to to use user defined functions for the values in awk find $1 -type f -ls | nawk '{{print "|"$3"|"$5"|"$6"|"$8"|"$9"|"$10"|"} for(i=11;i<=NF;i++){printf("%s",$i)}}' In above command i want to append some values returned by user functions on line. thnks; ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user defined commands

Hi, i would like to create user defined commands. e,g: if an user executes , mkdircd test then a directory called test should be created and it should be cd to test. How i can create the command mkdircd with below action: mkdir $1 && cd $1. Please help me in achieving this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
7 Replies

9. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
CACHE_RESTORE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CACHE_RESTORE(8)

NAME
cache_restore - restore cache metadata file to device or file SYNOPSIS
cache_restore [options] -i {device|file} -o {device|file} DESCRIPTION
cache_restore restores cache metadata created by the respective device-mapper target dumped into an XML formatted (see cache_dump(8)) file , which optionally can be preprocessed before the restore to another device or file. If restored to a metadata device , the metadata can be processed by the device-mapper target. -i, --input {device|file} Input file or device with metadata. -o, --output {device|file} Output file or device. {--debug-override-metadata-version} <integer> ONLY FOR DEBUGGING PURPOSES: override the version stored in the metadata. -h, --help Print help and exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLE
Restores the XML formatted cache metadata on file metadata to logical volume /dev/vg/metadata for further processing by the respective device-mapper target: cache_restore -i metadata -o /dev/vg/metadata DIAGNOSTICS
cache_restore returns an exit code of 0 for success or 1 for error. SEE ALSO
cache_dump(8) cache_check(8) cache_repair(8) AUTHOR
Joe Thornber <ejt@redhat.com> Heinz Mauelshagen <HeinzM@RedHat.com> Red Hat, Inc. Thin Provisioning Tools CACHE_RESTORE(8)