Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unable to access a variable not local to a while loop Post 302271441 by codeman007 on Thursday 25th of December 2008 03:56:16 PM
Old 12-25-2008
Thanks Chris
This is working perfect for me

Thanks for you too Franklin You guyz have helped a lot for a beginner like me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access variable outside loop

I am unable to access the value set inside the loop from outside loop . Thought of taking this to forum , I had seen other replies also , where a pipe takes the execution to another shell and mentioned thats the reason we do not get the variable outside loop . But I am getting an issue and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not access variable outside loop when a reading a file

I am writing a shell script using the korn shell. It seems that I am only able to use local variables within a while loop that is reading a file. (I can't access a variable outside a previously used while loop.) It's been a while since I wrote shell scripts. Here is a sample cat file.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Restrict local users to access ftp

Hi, I had installed vsftp in rhel5 and i want to restrict all the local users from accessing the ftp. i want to allow specific users to access the ftp server. Request you to please help. Thanks & regards Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Understanding local access to NFS export

Hello, I've inherited an NFS setup that allows external servers to write to an NFS share on a Centos box. Here is an example line from /etc/exports (there are four entries that only are different based on server IP adress). /exports/foobar... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KickstartUF
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Local Networking no longer possible-Unable to mount location

Unable to mount location Can anyone help with this please? Since recently installing 12.04 from a downloaded live CD onto my desktop computer, I have been unable to re-establish a network connection with my other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Remote Access vs Local Access

Dear Friends, This is not a problem , it's a course work (UNIX scenario).... As part of it I am searching Remote Attacks and find points as 1. Exploiting a listening service 2. Routing through Unix system that is providing security between 2 or more networks 3. User initiated Remote execution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anespa
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS share full access for local user

Hi All, Is it possible to give full access for a normal user in a NFS share? If its not possible is there a trick with which I can make it work? Thanks in advance Shyam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set Global variable outside while loop

Below is my code: count=0 if ... ... else ... find * -prune -type d | sort -r -n | while read d; do count=1 if ; then echo "Count1:$count" ... ... break 2; fi ... done ... fi echo "Count2:$count" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to compare to a previous value of a variable in a while loop for a file

Hello All, I'm working on a script that will actually read a file consisting of data like the below:(ReportID,Sub_reportID,Sub_reportName) 1,1,ABC 1,2,DEF 1,3,GHI 2,1,JKL 2,2,MNO 3,1,PQR I want to read the Sub Report details for a Report_ID using while loop and write these values into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris local access restriction other than sshd_config?

Hi All, As part of LDAP implementation we need to restrict users/groups locally on solaris machine: Options tried: sshd_config: as far as my testing it is restricting either user or group, as per the first preference. pam_access.so by default I am unable to find(need some help if this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
0 Replies
EXONERATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      EXONERATE(1)

NAME
exonerate - suite for investigating DNA and RNA sequence similarities SYNOPSIS
exonerate-client [--help] exonerate-server [--help] fasta2esd [--help] fastaannotatecdna [--help] fastachecksum [--help] fastaclean [--help] fastaclip [--help] fastacomposition [--help] fastadiff [--help] fastaexplode [--help] fastafetch [--help] fastahardmask [--help] fastaindex [--help] fastalength [--help] fastanrdb [--help] fastaoverlap [--help] fastareformat [--help] fastaremove [--help] fastarevcomp [--help] fastasoftmask [--help] fastasort [--help] fastasplit [--help] fastasubseq [--help] fastatranslate [--help] fastavalidcds [--help] DESCRIPTION
These programs are not described by the upstream author, however, some information is available via the --help and -h arguments for all these programs. Whoever is using any of these programs in routine, is requested to provide a seed of a respective man page to the upstream author. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~guy/exonerate/ The author of this package provides a beginner ( http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~guy/exonerate/beginner.html ) and and avanced http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~guy/exonerate/advanced.html ) tutorial on his web pages. AUTHOR
exonerate was written by Guy Slater <guy@ebi.ac.uk>. This manual page was written by Steffen Moeller for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 30 Jun 2007 EXONERATE(1)