Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error () Post 302271272 by sbn on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 01:25:37 PM
Old 12-24-2008
I have scsi disks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCSI Tape Error

When I am trying to read any tape I getthe following message on my screen: "stp: Error on SCSI tape=0 (ha=0 id=6 lun=0)" Does anybody know how to solve this problem and what the message means. I already have rebooted the server and cleaned the heads of the tape unit. HELP!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andre
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sense Key: Media Error

Hi all, We have below WARNING in /var/adm/messages file from our Solaris server. WARNING: /sbus@1f,0/SUNW,fas@e,8800000/sd@0,0 (sd0): Error for Command: write(10) Error Level: Fatal Requested Block: 16745265 Error Block: 16745269 Vendor: SEAGATE Serial Number:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerboy
8 Replies

3. Solaris

probe-scsi => error

i have a new netra 240 server when i make probe-scsi in obp i have this output : ERROR: /pci@1c,600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss am upgarading obp firmware but the problem is always here the os solaris 10) is installed correctely and i can use it , when i type #format i can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all occurences depending on parity

I want to replace all occurences of '$' in a LaTeX source code in the following way: The dollars on odd position in the file must be changed in '$latex ' and the other dollars can remain the same. I was thinking to make a script which replaces all odd occurences of a given character with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beni22sof
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Booting from wrong SCSI-disk. Error -256 Stack Underflow

Hi. I need to boot on Sun Blade 150 from scsi-disk, that ran on old Sun Ultra 10. It is necessary to take some the information from an old disk and something to study. The workstation is booted and I receive the following issue::mad: Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 650MHz), No Keyboard (tip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
3 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris raids parity

what actually stored in the parity reserved on each slice in raid 5 configuration. how to restore the data if a disk is failed in raid5 configuration (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
1 Replies

7. Programming

This Makes NO sense. I'm making a game and getting an error, need help.

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Text Based Game, This Error Makes NO sense. Please help

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
3 Replies

9. AIX

Readcd: Error 0. Cannot open SCSI driver.

i'm trying to burn an DVD ISO into a VIOS virtual optical drive when i try a scanbus i have a failure message : Can u help me please guys ---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 PM ---------- I can't burn in ISO format, so i have to type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies
scsi-spin(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      scsi-spin(8)

NAME
scsi-spin - spin up and down a SCSI device SYNOPSIS
scsi-spin [-options...] [device] DESCRIPTION
scsi-spin let the user to manually spin up and down a SCSI device. This command is particularly useful if you've got noisy (or hot) drives in a machine that you rarely need to access. This is not the same as the kernel patch that's floating around that will automatically spin down the drive after some time. scsi-spin is completely manual, and spinning down a drive that's in use, especially the one containing the scsi-spin binary, is probably a really bad idea. To avoid running in trouble with such cases, scsi-spin verifies that the device to work on is not currently in use by scanning the mounted file system description file for a partition living on it and issue an error if this the case. OPTIONS
-u, --up spin up device. -d, --down spin down device. -e, --loej load or eject medium from drive (use along with -u or -d ) -w, --wait=[n] wait up to n seconds for the spin up/down command to complete. Default is to return immediately after the command was sent to the device. Either repeat -w n times or set n to define the time to wait before to report a timeout. -l, --lock prevent removal of medium from device. -L, --unlock allow removal of medium from device. -I, --oldioctl use legacy ioctl interface instead of SG_IO to dialog with device (could not be supported on all platforms). -e and -w are not allowed with this option. -v, --verbose=[n] verbose mode. Either repeat -v or set n accordingly to increase verbosity. 1 is verbose, 2 is debug (dump SCSI commands and Sense buffer). -f, --force force spinning up/down the device even if it is in use. -n, --noact do nothing but check if the device is in use. -p, --proc use /proc/mounts instead of /etc/mtab to determine if the device is in use or not. device the device is any name in the filesystem which points to a SCSI block device (sd, scd) or generic SCSI device (sg). See section below. SCSI devices naming convention Old kernel naming convention It is typically /dev/sd[a-z] , /dev/scd[0-9]* or /dev/sg[0-9]*. scsidev naming convention It is typically /dev/scsi/s[rdg]h[0-9]*-e????c?i?l? or /dev/scsi/<aliasname>. devfs naming convention It is typically /dev/scsi/host[0-9]/bus[0-9]/target[0-9]/lun[0-9]/disc (same for cd and generic devices) or short name /dev/sd/c[0-9]b[0-9]t[0-9]u[0-9] when devfsd "new compatibility entries" naming scheme is enabled. SEE ALSO
scsiinfo(8), sg_start(8), sd(4), proc(5), AUTHORS
Eric Delaunay <delaunay@debian.org>, 2001 Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>, 1998 03 September 2001 scsi-spin(8)