Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to touch a sequence of files Post 302271270 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 12:58:19 PM
Old 12-24-2008
this might help you to get started:
Code:
for file in a b c
do
  touch $file
  if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
    echo failed
    # Send e-mail notification here
  fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files up to a sequence

All, Please can you help me with this ? I have a requirement to compress the files older than a sequence number. Say the directory has the following files a_101 a_102 a_103 a_104 a_105 a_106 a_107 a_108 I would like to compress all files based on a number i supply. IE. if i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename Files in sequence

I have a bunch of files below in some directory /home/tmp: abc.txt def.txt ghi.txt And I want to rename them with sequence as their extension (in the format 00# see below): abc.001 def.002 ghi.003 I need some help with this and below is a basic code structure to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through directories to touch files

Hi, Please help me on this. Suppose i have the following directory structure. /app/data /app/data/eng /app/data/med /app/data/bsc each of the directories data,data/eng,data/med,data/bsc holds files with date extension like a.20081230 b.20081230 and so on I need a script to loop... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls all files in sequence. How to?

Hi, all: Newbie questions: For example, if I have 6 files, respectively named as: How to "ls" all files in sequence of two ways? 1) The first way is according to the sequence of the natural number. Say, the same sequence as shown as they are given. 2) The second way is default... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Touch 10% of the total files inside a folder

I'm trying to make this code below to work but I can't find the way to do the following: I want to make the script to touch only 10% of the total amount of files counted inside the given directory instead of all like it is now. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can give me a direction on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: regraphix
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case script to get missing sequence among files

I want to use case statement to find the range of missing sequence in my directory which it has some few ( dat & DAT ) files my directory /home/arm/my_folder/20130428 contains : f01_201304280000.DAT f01_201304280001.DAT f01_201304280003.DAT f02_201304280000.dat f02_201304280002.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating multiple empty files with touch

Hello, sorry to bother anyone reading this I have an assignment with a question that reads: Your current directory is stenton. Create empty files called f1, f2, and f12 (in that order), within stenton So my first thought was to enter: touch f1 f2 f12 but that does not work, does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eleuin
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)