Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: patchadd command
Operating Systems Solaris patchadd command Post 302271263 by solaix14 on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 12:17:12 PM
Old 12-24-2008
Try to install 117846-02 (or greater) first if it is not already installed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patchadd/patchrm

Ok, I attempted to apply a patch to a V440 and it bailed part way through. When I tried to patchrm the patch (after booting from CD), patchrm said that I had to fully install the failed patch before I could delete it. Since installing it killed the system forcing a boot from CD, it sounds like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Patchadd error

Hi, I have a Sun fire V280R server and when i updated the kernel patch i got this error. mdb not found: patchadd not safe. /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined symbol 'am_attach' /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined symbol 'am_src2' /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
3 Replies

3. Solaris

patchadd fails to apply a patch

Hello, I'm trying to apply the patch on Solaris 9 : $/jac/update$ patchadd ./112945-46 Checking installed patches... One or more patch packages included in 112945-46 are not installed on this system. Patchadd is terminating. The error message is not really talkative so I had a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
7 Replies

4. Solaris

patchadd error

Greetings All- I ran into this problem today and was curious if anyone else had seen it. I am attempting to add patch 137402-02 on a v890 running Sol9. Here's the error I get: #> patchadd 137402-02 Checking installed patches... Verifying sufficient filesystem capacity (dry run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

patchadd -p ,, basic question

greetings, I am new to solaris, have a basic question. I have to check for patch 137111-04 (as prerequisite) for installing Oracle. # patchadd -p | grep 137111-04 # patchadd -p | grep 137111 Patch: 137137-09 Obsoletes: 120741-01 120986-12 120992-02 121008-02 121274-01 121414-01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mubeenmd
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How to limit patchadd command to root user only?

How to limit patchadd command to root user only? I'm running a solaris 10 5/09 server, I have 2 users other than root. One being able to use the patchadd command and one is unable to do so. What I'm trying to do is to limit the patchadd command so that only root is able to run it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShouTenraku
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

I am new & I have a question about patchadd in Solaris 11

Hi guys, I am really new to Solaris. My question is about the patching package management. Now I was provided some old packages within that there are hard-coded codes written with commands like "patchadd", so anyway I can make them work with Solaris 11? Cheers! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ethanzhou
8 Replies
PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)						  [FIXME: manual]					     PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)

NAME
pk-debuginfo-install - Debugging Packages Installer SYNOPSIS
pk-debuginfo-install [--help] [--verbose] [--simulate] [--no-depends] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pk-debuginfo-install command. pk-debuginfo-install is the command line client for installing debuginfo packages. WHY DO I NEED DEBUGINFO PACKAGES
? When a program crashes, it's often useful to send the developer a backtrace which contains symbol names and variable contents, rather than memory addresses. To make this possible, extra packages called debug packages can be installed. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --noninteractive Do not be interactive and skip the confirmation before the packages are installed. --verbose Show extra debugging information. --simulate Don't actually install any packages, only simulate what would be installed. --no-depends Do not scan for, or install dependencies of the core packages. --quiet Do not display information or progress to the terminal. RETURN VALUES
0 Success, at least one package was installed 1 Failed with miscellaneous internal error. 3 Failed to get software sources list. 4 Failed to enable software sources. 5 Failed as nothing to do. 6 Failed to find dependent packages. 7 Failed to install. 8 Failed to disable software sources. SEE ALSO
pkmon (1). pkcon(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes richard@hughsie.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Richard Hughes [FIXME: source] 29 July,2009 PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)