Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl $ENV
Operating Systems Solaris perl $ENV Post 302271245 by pludi on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 10:50:48 AM
Old 12-24-2008
The correct name of that variable is %ENV, which is a hash table/associative array, and allows Perl to access the exported environment variables of the calling context (shell or other process)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Env

hey guys!!!! i have a few question .. how to modify the user ENV in Sun Solaris 10 ... Thanks!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reuse a shell script to change env from perl

Hi: I am trying to reuse an existing shell script foo1.csh to set environment variables inside a perl script and its childern processes. Is it possible at all to make those environment variables persistent in the main perl process and its children processes? Do I have to create a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

#!/usr/bin/env : perl no such file or directory

hi i have some perl scripts with shebang line as (#! /usr/bin/env perl ) instead of actual absolute path of perl ( i know why its that way ) everything works fine from command line , the problem is when i am trying to run those scripts from web ( local web tool ) it throws error as /usr/bin/env :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

I want a HP-UX ENV,how could I?

just for practice,:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebsdjlu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Csh - setenv ENV change environment variable

I have 3 programs, 1 in perl, 2 in csh: call them perl1, csh1 and run.ol I need perl1 to set csh1 variable NOLOG_qsub = "" I need perl1 to run, run.ol run.ol takes the executable and input and outputs to output run.ol#!/bin/csh -f # run.ol executable input output perl1 should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl using modules CPU SYS and ENV

I have a project on which I have to use cpuinfo to get model name, number of cpus and bogomips.. for sys I need the uptime, total ram and from env I need the HOSTNAME.. from CMD ouputs i need the eth0-ip and .df.. The problem is that those modules have to be call from a subroutine and I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiedi16
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl error with $ENV variable

Hello my friends i have created a perl cgi script to see browser support for text and graphics but $ENV variable is not working , Code is: #!/usr/bin/perl #Author Ravinder kumar # START use warnings; $nongraphic = 'lynx|CERN-Linemode|elinks'; $client = $ENV{'HTTP_USER_AGENT'}; $text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting ENV variables in PERL

I have perl script and in the first line we are invoking .sh script to set ENV variables. e..g eval '. $envfile; exec $PERL -S $0 "$@"' I want to change some of the env variables while the program is running and I am settging it like this .. $ENV{ORACLE_HOME}=trim($oraclehome);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies
Env(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Env(3)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.16.3 2013-03-02 Env(3)