Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Which Server to host a website? Post 302271236 by Ikon on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 10:01:54 AM
Old 12-24-2008
I host my servers at fastq.com, they have windows and linux server account available.

If your site is programmed in ASP then you probabally want a Windows Account, even though I have heard that you can now run ASP on linux, but I dont know why you would.

If you call fastq.com tell them Kyle referred you and talk to Bob.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server name + IP address removed from host table after rebooting

Hi, I have a problem with a Unix server (SCO Unix version 3.2). If this server is rebooted the own server name and it's IP address is removed from the host table. How is this possible? How can i solve this problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FIRE
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

What is the best distro to host a server?

My friend and I want to each host a gaming server. One for Counterstrike, and one for Battlefield: 1942. I need to know what distros would best for this. I was thinking Redhat but I'm not 100% sure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: never_more
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

to stop the website hosted in apache ux server

Hi, we have some websites in ux servers and need to stop those websites i.e when users try to acess those websites they should not able to see those websites. we have to ideas one is .htaccess. from this we can redirect to existing 404page. and not sure if we rediredt to non- exixting page in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible for a server to be both a remote and client SSH host?

Hi, Not sure if this is possible, I have a server (SERVER1) that is currently set up as a remote SSH host. My client SSH host (SERVER2) is connecting to SERVER1 to scp a file with no password. I now have a need to set up a third server (SERVER3) as a remote SSH host and I need SERVER1 as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatchel
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new host to a primary server

Hi, I need to add a new host to a primary dns. what i need to add or change? I know i dont need to do nothing in named.conf and in the /etc/hosts. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lisboeta_c95
2 Replies

6. Solaris

List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello, I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanpitts
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

DIY build your own website server from home

Does anyone would know a good tutorial for someone with basic linux/unix knowledge in order to build and setup a home website server? 1) First: I would like a step by step practical how to, with an example, and a good introduction to more detailed theory. 2) Second : What is the best and more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Computer to host website

Hi there, 1 ) I put my own computer as a host. However when I go to what is my IP, the IP address always points to the admin pages of my router. How do I make the IP point to my own computer instead of my router? Furthermore, I want to assign my IP address through a free dyn dns. 2) I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Server access is denied on host

The situation is: I have a RHEL 7.3 VM that I am able to access via both ssh and VM console. I am able to run all of the standard commands for verifying that X11 forwarding/xhost permissions are working (xclock, nautilus, firefox, etc.) i can also run the runInstaller for Oracle client, No problems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melghaze
1 Replies
Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra(3pm)

NAME
Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra - Install modules that provide additional functionality to Apache::ASP SYNOPSIS
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra' CONTENTS
Bundle::Apache::ASP - Base for Apache::ASP installation CGI - Required for file upload, make test, and command line ./cgi/asp script HTML::Parser - Required for HTML::FillInForm HTML::Clean - Compress text/html with Clean config or $Response->{Clean} set to 1-9 Net::SMTP - Runtime errors can be mailed to the webmaster with MailErrorTo config Devel::Symdump - Used for StatINC setting, which reloads modules dynamically Apache::DBI - Cache database connections per process Compress::Zlib - Gzip compress HTML output on the fly Time::HiRes - Sub second timing of execution with Debug 3 or -3 enabled HTML::FillInForm - FormFill functionality which autofills HTML forms from form data Apache::Filter - Required for SSI filtering with Apache::SSI HTML::SimpleParse - Required for SSI filtering with Apache::SSI Apache::SSI - Required for full server side includes support ( SSI ) beyond file includes Tie::TextDir - Fast file based cache for CacheDB, good for caching large values for things like XSLT and $Response->Include() caching Bundle::XML - Required for XML::XSLT support. XML::XSLT - Required for XSLT support. May also use XML::Sablotron and XML::LibXSLT for this, which are not part of this bundle. DESCRIPTION
This bundle contains extra modules used by Apache::ASP. AUTHOR
Joshua Chamas perl v5.14.2 2011-08-15 Bundle::Apache::ASP::Extra(3pm)