Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with links programm.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with links programm. Post 302271226 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 09:45:30 AM
Old 12-24-2008
Please don't double post - it's against the rules.
Thread closed!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Links

Hi, Someone told me that Links where useful in Unix, but when I asked them how, he couldn't tell me... All he told me was, "well you can use hard-link or symbolic link". When I asked him what were the diference, he told me that there is no real difference. Can you please tell enlighten... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mischiefdemon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Problem changing owner of symbolic links?

Strangely, chown and chmod don't seem to work on symlinks. In particular, I tried this (as root): # touch foo # ln -s foo mysymlink # chown SOMEUSER mysymlink as well as changing the last line to: # chown -h someuser mysymlink where "-h" is supposed to change the UID of the actualy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noahcowan
1 Replies

4. Linux

Problem with initializing DirectFB by Links

DirectFB-0.9.20 is compiled --with-gfxdrivers=all links-2.1pre15 is compiled with --enable-graphics there is a problem when I am trying to run Links using DirectFB video driver may be my DirectFBs config is not right? video by framebuffer or X works successfully (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embeded programm within programm

Hi, How to embeded programme within perl programme. Shankarao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarao
2 Replies

6. Programming

A challenging problem involving symbolic links.

Hello, I'm working on an application that bridges together several applications involved in creating a video workflow for editing with digital cinema cameras. The main platform is MacOSX. Because of the nature of some of the utilities for working with this video footage I must spoof filenames... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibloom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)