Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error () Post 302271225 by csorhand on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 09:40:53 AM
Old 12-24-2008
sbn,

Are you encountering this in the console.? Are you using NAS / SAN setup? Did you modify / configure your NAS / SAN lately?. OR do you have SCSI drive in your setup?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCSI Tape Error

When I am trying to read any tape I getthe following message on my screen: "stp: Error on SCSI tape=0 (ha=0 id=6 lun=0)" Does anybody know how to solve this problem and what the message means. I already have rebooted the server and cleaned the heads of the tape unit. HELP!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andre
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sense Key: Media Error

Hi all, We have below WARNING in /var/adm/messages file from our Solaris server. WARNING: /sbus@1f,0/SUNW,fas@e,8800000/sd@0,0 (sd0): Error for Command: write(10) Error Level: Fatal Requested Block: 16745265 Error Block: 16745269 Vendor: SEAGATE Serial Number:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerboy
8 Replies

3. Solaris

probe-scsi => error

i have a new netra 240 server when i make probe-scsi in obp i have this output : ERROR: /pci@1c,600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss am upgarading obp firmware but the problem is always here the os solaris 10) is installed correctely and i can use it , when i type #format i can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all occurences depending on parity

I want to replace all occurences of '$' in a LaTeX source code in the following way: The dollars on odd position in the file must be changed in '$latex ' and the other dollars can remain the same. I was thinking to make a script which replaces all odd occurences of a given character with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beni22sof
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Booting from wrong SCSI-disk. Error -256 Stack Underflow

Hi. I need to boot on Sun Blade 150 from scsi-disk, that ran on old Sun Ultra 10. It is necessary to take some the information from an old disk and something to study. The workstation is booted and I receive the following issue::mad: Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 650MHz), No Keyboard (tip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
3 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris raids parity

what actually stored in the parity reserved on each slice in raid 5 configuration. how to restore the data if a disk is failed in raid5 configuration (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
1 Replies

7. Programming

This Makes NO sense. I'm making a game and getting an error, need help.

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Text Based Game, This Error Makes NO sense. Please help

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
3 Replies

9. AIX

Readcd: Error 0. Cannot open SCSI driver.

i'm trying to burn an DVD ISO into a VIOS virtual optical drive when i try a scanbus i have a failure message : Can u help me please guys ---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 PM ---------- I can't burn in ISO format, so i have to type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies
scsi_validate_sense(9F) 				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				   scsi_validate_sense(9F)

NAME
scsi_validate_sense - find descriptor in SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_validate_sense(uint8_t *sense_buffer, int sense_buf_len, int *flags); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. sense_buf_len Length of sense buffer in bytes. flags Returns additional properties of the sense data. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_validate_sense() function returns the format of the sense data contained in the provided sense buffer. If the response code field in the sense data is not recognized or if there is not enough sense data to include sense key, asc, and ascq then scsi_validate_sense() returns SENSE_UNUSABLE. If the buffer contains usable sense data in fixed format, the function returns SENSE_FIXED_FORMAT. If the buffer contains usable sense data in descriptor format, the function returns SENSE_DESCR_FORMAT. The following flags may be set as appropriate depending on the sense data: SNS_BUF_OVERFLOW The sense data buffer provided for the request is too small to hold all the sense data. SNS_BUF_DEFERRED The sense data contained in the buffer relates to an error that has occurred during the processing of a successfully completed command, such as a cached write that could not be commited to the media. RETURN VALUES
SENSE_UNUSABLE The response code from the sense data is unrecognized or not enough sense data present to provide the sense key, asc, and ascq. SENSE_FIXED_FORMAT The sense data in the buffer is in "fixed format". SENSE_DESCR_FORMAT The sense data in the buffer is in "descriptor format". CONTEXT
The scsi_validate_sense() function can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_asc(9F), scsi_sense_ascq(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_key(9F) SunOS 5.11 29 Jun 2006 scsi_validate_sense(9F)