Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openSuse 10.3 , Emulex HBA
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users openSuse 10.3 , Emulex HBA Post 302271202 by nux007 on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 08:22:29 AM
Old 12-24-2008
Haven't created LUN

I didn't create the LUN. How can i create it ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA compatible on Emulex Lightpulse 9000 with IBM 8840 PKU X346 server.

Hi there, does anybody knows/info on compatiblity on Emulex Lightpulse 9000 with IBM 8840 PKU X346 server. Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
0 Replies

2. Solaris

emulex card on solaris 9

Hello, I am new on solaris. We will connect our sun solaris system to the SAN and add 2 Emulex card on the system (solaris 9). Who have already done this and can give me the procedure to follow ? driver to install multipath etc... Thanks in advance Emmanuel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emma32
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 x86_64 - Emulex Fibrechannel drivers

Hello! I'm having problems to install Emulex fibrechannel card drivers to a HP DL580 G5 running Solaris 10 x86_64. Any of you guys had this problem or knows the answer? =) cfgadm gives me the following info, which seems to say that it is ok? But the card has'nt logged into the switch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

4. Solaris

HBA Card

Hello...I got a problem here. I have HBAs installed in one of the domains in E20 and I gotta find out the brand and firmware. But when I do a prtconf, I cannot see the HBA. For other servers installed with HBAs, when I do prtconf on them I can see either qlc or em. Can you guys enlighten me how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
5 Replies

5. Solaris

What is an HBA..?

Helo experts What is an HBA? How can i know about that on any server? Thanx in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Connect Solaris 10 to NetApp filer using Emulex single port HBAs.

Hi, I'm connecting a Solaris 10 server to a Netapp filer with two single port Emulex (Sun StorageTek PCI-X Enterprise 4GB FC HBA) HBAs. After physically installing both these HBAs what do I ned to do within Solaris 10 to enable them and configure them with persistent bindings. Do I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
6 Replies

7. AIX

Need HBA card driver

Hi All, SUN emulex HBA card has been installed on P520 box. When i run the cfgmgr i am getting the following message. lpar2#cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA performance

Hope I'm in the right place. I'm in the process of zoning HBA's to my new library environment. Is there a "rule of thumb" for the number of physical tape drives that you zone to an HBA? I don't want to run the risk of overloading an HBA. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Offline HBA.

Hi, I have a HBA that is currently offline for some unknown reason. The device shows up in the prtdiag -v stating it is okay. How can I bring this back online? It was working okay until recently. It is currently connected to the SAN. Details below. # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies
ql-hba-snapshot(8)					       System Administration						ql-hba-snapshot(8)

NAME
ql-hba-snapshot - display specific information of the QLogic HBA. SYNOPSIS
ql-hba-snapshot <Host number> [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
FC HBA Snapshot Utility This utility displays the details of the QLogic HBA attached to the system. It uses one of the two file systems for scanning: proc or sysfs. <Host number> | <-a/--all> [optional] Provide the <HOST NUMBER> to display the detailed information of the HBA. With no option specified, general information of all hosts will be displayed. Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot <Host Number> # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot --procfs <Host Number> (For procfs) -h, --help Prints the help message. Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot --help -hl, --hostlist This option displays the list of QLogic hosts (HBAs) connected to this system. The <HOST NUMBER> can be obtained by using following command Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot --hostlist -p, --parameters This option displays the command line parameters that can be passed to the QLogic HBA driver. Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot --parameters <Host Number> -s, --statistics This option displays the statistical information for specified host. Stastics option is only supported in "sysfs" based scan. Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot --statistics <Host number/--all> -proc, --procfs This options forces the the utility to scans information based on "procfs", instead of default sysfs. Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snap- shot --procfs [Other valid option] -v, --verbose This enables verbose display. The detailed information of LUNs will be displayed in addition to standard one. This option is only supported in sysfs. Ex. # /usr/sbin/ql-hba-snapshot --verbose <Host number/-a> SEE ALSO
ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc(8), ql-lun-state-online(8), ql-set-cmd-timeout(8) Matthias Schmitz <;matthias@sigxcpu.org> July 2009 ql-hba-snapshot(8)