Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for Log Rotate
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for Log Rotate Post 302271181 by dr.house on Wednesday 24th of December 2008 05:43:26 AM
Old 12-24-2008
man logrotate Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Check size and rotate log script.

Hi Can you suggest some perl script. My OS is HP-UX 11.11 I want to it into a cron job. Every night it will backup the file with that day's date and open a dummy file. Thanks Ash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishT
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rotate log files

hi friends i need a shell script to rotate the logs in a directory, dated n days back. can anybody of help. appreciate.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satya_skm
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

log rotate

hi , what is the meaning of log rotate? how do i rotate /var/adm/wtmps log and gzip it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron script to rotate log files

I have a mac server. I have been having problems with my logs. My hard disk became full, when i researched into why it was full it was due to massive log files. There was barley any log rotation policies in place on the server. I tired to use logrotate. This doesn't work on my server. It is a MAC... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotate log files

I have a big log,separated by the character:, one of the fields is the date in the format "day / month / year" and I need to remove the lines prior to 30 days. Can help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msanbrug
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotate log everyday on existing script

quick question: I have a current script that will put the output on a log file. See snapshot of the code below. I wanted this to be rotated everyday based on date. So if anyone execute the script today there will be a filecreated such as sys.log.(datetoday), if tomorrow it would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Customized" log rotate script - some advice please

Hi, Am trying to write my own version of a log rotate scripts 'coz I don't have the logrotate for other flavors of *nix servers. Probably should try and download the source and re-compile but our SA don't want to do so. Anyway, just want to know if there is any way to improve on the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a rotate log script

Hi all, Am trying to write my own log rotate script. Curremtly, what I have is as below: #!/bin/ksh file_to_rotate=${1} x=${2} while ] do let curr=${x} let prev=${x}-1 if ] ; then #echo "cp -p ${file_to_rotate} ${file_to_rotate}.${curr}" cp -p... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to rotate file log

Hi Experts, I have script on crontab and give output quite large. I would like to know how to create rotate log when the size of log maximum 50MB if the test.log is 50MB then create test.0 Thanks Edy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log rotate

Hi, I have below script in logrotate.d to rotate logs. logs are not rotating after the file grow to 1k, do you have any idea? Is it because of it just only 1K? Please let me know if the below syntax is in correct. # more trotate /sourcepath/*/servers/*/logs/*log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)                                                Debhelper                                               DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)