Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set path for a command Post 302270962 by saurabh84g on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 10:02:15 AM
Old 12-23-2008
I have to set the path in ./profile file ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
add /usr/sbin to your PATH variable, the correct location and method for this depends on what shell you are using and will be described in the appropriate man page.

oracle user is not able to run ping command without full path

i have to set the path in his ./profile file???

ex: ping=/usr/sbin/ping

correct me if i m wrong?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why the PATH can not be set correctly?

I'm using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 in my laptop. After I logged in as a "root", I added a new path in my .bashrc file (I use bash shell). Then I can observe it has been set correctly by typing echo $PATH. But, when I log in again as a personal account, not "root", then I open my bash shell, and type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yishen
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

set path so all new users can execute the command in /bin/mycommands

I want to add a default path /bin/mycommands along with others to be loaded as default path for all new accounts created on my system . With out the new accounts not having to change thie manually to /bin/mycommands.Do I change the /etc/profile ? is there any better way? Please throw some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravusa
2 Replies

3. Solaris

set path

hi how do i change the default PATH in my system. i log in as root, and i have .profile file in my / directory. ive put the PATH=.:/usr.......... statement, but that doesnt seem to be working i also wanted to know why exactly we need the profile file in etc? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: strider
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set a path for a command?

Hi, I install java at Fedora Core. So to run any java applications i have to write the complety path. For example, /usr/java/jre1.5.0_11/bin/java "javafile" I want to write only "java" but it said "command not found". How i fix this? Thank you very much Lakis (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakis
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Not Able to Set the path

Hi, I want to set the path for my application so I am setting the path as below -- PATH=${PATH}:.:/envs/mldev/tools:/envs/mldev/common/tools:${HOME}:/bin/p4v:/usr/j2se:/usr/j2se/bin:/usr/j2se/lib or PATH="\ /usr/bin:\ /usr/sbin:\ /usr/dt/bin:\ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need sed command to read a path and set to variable

I have a variable called PATH that contains a path example: /Users/rtipton/Desktop/testusers/test I need a sed command to set a variable called USER to the last directory name in that path PATH="/Users/rtipton/Desktop/testusers/test" and from that PATH i need USER to = test I know sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PATH set but I can't find where!!!!

Hi, Can anybody help with this? When I log into my user account on my box via ssh and then instantly perform an env command I see that my path has been set as follows: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin My user account uses the ksh shell. In my home directory there is no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set the path

Very new to this type of thing so go easy on me....... I have downloaded a command language for data display. It came as ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421.tar.gz and I unzipped/tarred it into my local directory. The new directory, ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path set

Something changed on my unix box. Now when I log in it is showing entire path. It used to show only $ prompt before. I know I need to do something in .profile to show only $ prompt Could you please tell me what I should do, to show only $ prompt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping - Implementation of XMPP Ping XEP-0199 SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping; my $con = AnyEvent::XMPP::IM::Connection->new (...); $con->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of a connection if it didn't answer # within 120 seconds to a ping with a reply $ping->enable_timeout ($con, 120); my $cl = AnyEvent::XMPP::Client->new (...); $cl->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of newly created connections $ping->auto_timeout(120); $ping->ping ($con, 'ping_dest@server.tld', sub { my ($time, $error) = @_; if ($error) { # we got an error } # $time is a float (seconds) of the rtt if you got Time::HiRes }); DESCRIPTION
This extension implements XEP-0199: XMPP Ping. It allows you to define a automatic ping timeouter that will disconnect dead connections (which didn't reply to a ping after N seconds). See also the documentation of the "enable_timeout" method below. It also allows you to send pings to any XMPP entity you like and will measure the time it took if you got Time::HiRes. METHODS
new (%args) Creates a new ping handle. auto_timeout ($timeout) This method enables automatic connection timeout of new connections. It calls "enable_timeout" (see below) for every new connection that was connected and emitted a "stream_ready" event. This is useful if you want connections that have this extension automatically timeouted. In particular this is useful with modules like AnyEvent::XMPP::Client (see also SYNOPSIS above). enable_timeout ($con, $timeout) This enables a periodical ping on the connection $con. $timeout must be the seconds that the ping intervals last. If the server which is connected via $con didn't respond within $timeout seconds the connection $con will be disconnected. Please note that there already is a basic timeout mechanism for dead TCP connections in AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection, see also the "whitespace_ping_interval" configuration variable for a connection there. It then will depend on TCP timeouts to disconnect the connection. Use "enable_timeout" and "auto_timeout" only if you really feel like you need an explicit timeout for your connections. ping ($con, $dest, $cb, $timeout) This method sends a ping request to $dest via the AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection in $con. If $dest is undefined the ping will be sent to the connected server. $cb will be called when either the ping timeouts, an error occurs or the ping result was received. $timeout is an optional timeout for the ping request, if $timeout is not given the default IQ timeout for the connection is the relevant timeout. The first argument to $cb will be the seconds of the round trip time for that request (If you have Time::HiRes). If you don't have Time::HiRes installed the first argument will be undef. The second argument to $cb will be either undef if no error occured or a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::IQ error object. ignore_pings ($bool) This method is mostly for testing, it tells this extension to ignore all ping requests and will prevent any response from being sent. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)