Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Display parent of certain device ? Post 302270901 by vilius on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 07:39:13 AM
Old 12-23-2008
Display parent of certain device ?

Hi,

For example I can display clildren devices of "device_name" device by issuing:
lsdev -p device_name

How do I display parent device given certain child device ?

thanks
Vilius

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

display in a child process a command called in the parent one

Hi , Could you tell me if I am right 1. Using fork(), pipe(), execlp() and dup() (see man 2 dup), write a C program executing the command ps -j in a parent process, displaying the result in a child process. #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: remid1985
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

full path of a file situated either in parent's dir. or parent's parent dir. so on...

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
XIDEFINECURSOR(3)														 XIDEFINECURSOR(3)

NAME
XIDefineCursor, XIUndefineCursor - define device cursors. SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/XInput2.h> int XIDefineCursor( Display *display, int deviceid, Window win, Cursor cursor); int XIUndefineCursor( Display *display, int deviceid, Window win); cursor Specifies the cursor that is to be displayed or None. deviceid Specifies the device whose cursor is to change. display Specifies the connection to the X server. win Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
If a cursor is set, it will be used when the device's pointer is in the window. If the cursor is None, it is equivalent to XIUndefineCursor. The deviceid must be a master pointer device or a BadDevice error is returned. XIDefineCursor can generate BadDevice, BadCursor and BadWindow. The XIUndefineCursor function undoes the effect of a previous XIDefineCursor for this window. When the pointer is in the window, the window's default cursor will now be used. If no default cursor is defined, the parent's cursor for this device will be used (if defined) or the parent's default cursor will be used. XIDefineCursor and XIUndefineCursor are identical to XDefineCursor and XUndefineCursor but specify the device explicitly. XIUndefineCursor can generate a BadDevice and a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadCursor A value for a cursor argument does not name a defined cursor. BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The device does not exist or is not a pointer device. BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined window. See also XDefineCursor, XUndefineCursor 05/15/2013 XIDEFINECURSOR(3)