Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VxVM on Solaris.
Operating Systems Solaris VxVM on Solaris. Post 302270889 by gwhelan on Tuesday 23rd of December 2008 06:52:56 AM
Old 12-23-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver

Hi All,

OK. I've managed to find out which filer I am attached to and the LUNs presented to my server. Thanks for all your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. Solaris

VxVM softpartitions

Is there a way to create "softpartitions" with Veritas Volume Manager? I have a bunch of disks and i want to create a RAID 5 with them. On that RAID5, i want to split that RAID into two separated file systems like i could do it with SDS/LVM or ZFS, but i don't want to create two RAID5 in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

3. Solaris

VxVM/Hba cards/Solaris 10 FS issue

Hi all, I have a compatibly issues with a new hardware My config is the following one : Solaris 10 V490 Hardware 2 X HBA Qlogic 2310f cards An HP EVA 5000 for storage ... Veritas VxVM 4.1 MP1 When I reboot my server, VxVM is trying to mount/use the volume before it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vxvm version in solaris?

whats the command line to find vxvm (veritas volume manager) version installed in solaris OS? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: na75369
3 Replies

5. Solaris

VxVM 5.0 Licence key required on solaris

Hi Friends, This is suresh reddy. Recently i download veritas cluster & volume manager package from internet. I didn't found any key inside the package. If any body having the VxVM key kindly send to me. mail id: cvsureshreddy@gmail.com Regards, C V Suresh Reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresha2lu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris- VxVM simulator

Hi, Could any one tel me VxVM simulator is available in market or can it be downloaded from any were???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
4 Replies

7. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris and vxvm ( really old versions)

This is going to mean nothing to most.... I'm working on a E4500 server running Solaris 2.5.1 and VXVM 2.5.5 :eek: I've replaced the rootmirror and would like to monitor progress of the resync It's only a 2Gb /partition so it shouldn't take too long. In later versions vxtask list ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration

Hello all, i try to allocate the same LUN to two server (or more in the future) i use solaris 10, vxvm (vxfs) for data and solaris zones and EMC DMX-4, i try to migrate solaris zones between servers in case of problem. and this is what i want to do - affect LUN to srv00124 and srv10155 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_solaris
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 patching using live upgrade with VxVM

Hello, I was assigned some Solaris machines and need to patch them to N-1, where N is the latest OS realease, which means, upgrade till one version before the latest one. I do not now a lot about Solaris. What I only know is that need to make use of live upgrade and be careful with VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
4 Replies
PROXYMNGR(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PROXYMNGR(1)

NAME
proxymngr - proxy manager service SYNOPSIS
proxymngr [-config filename] [-timeout seconds] [-retries #] [-verbose] DESCRIPTION
The proxy manager (proxymngr) is responsible for resolving requests from xfindproxy (and other similar clients), starting new proxies when appropriate, and keeping track of all of the available proxy services. The proxy manager strives to reuse existing proxies whenever possi- ble. There are two types of proxies that the proxy manager deals with, managed and unmanaged proxies. A managed proxy is a proxy that is started ``on demand'' by the proxy manager. An unmanaged proxy, on the other hand, is started either at system boot time, or manually by a system administrator. The proxy manager is made aware of its existence, but no attempt is made by the proxy manager to start unmanaged proxies. The command line options that can be specified to proxymngr are: -config Used to override the default proxymngr config file. See below for more details about the config file. -timeout Sets the number of seconds between attempts made by the proxy manager to find an unmanaged proxy. The default is 10. -retries Sets the maximum number of retries made by the proxy manager to find an an unmanaged proxy. The default is 3. -verbose Causes various debugging and tracing records to be displayed as requests are received and proxies are started. Proxy Manager Config File The proxy manager maintains a local configuration file describing the proxy services available. This configuration file is installed in /usr/lib/X11/proxymngr/pmconfig during the installation of proxymngr. The location of the configuration file can be overwritten using the -config command line option. Aside from lines starting with an exclamation point for comments, each line of the configuration file describes either an unmanaged or man- aged proxy service. For unmanaged proxies, the format is: <service-name> unmanaged <proxy-address> service-name is the name of the unmanaged proxy service, and must not contain any spaces, for example ``XFWP''. service-name is case insensitive. proxy-address is the network address of the unmanaged proxy. The format of the address is specific to the service-name. For example, for the ``XFWP'' service, the proxy-address might be ``firewall.x.org:100''. If there is more than one entry in the config file with the same unmanaged service-name, the proxy manager will try to use the proxies in the order presented in the config file. For managed proxies, the format is: <service-name> managed <command-to-start-proxy> service-name is the name of the managed proxy service, and must not contain any spaces, for example ``LBX''. service-name is case insensi- tive. command-to-start-proxy is the command executed by the proxy manager to start a new instance of the proxy. If command-to-start-proxy con- tains spaces, the complete command should be surrounded by single quotes. If desired, command-to-start-proxy can be used to start a proxy on a remote machine. The specifics of the remote execution method used to do this is not specified here. EXAMPLE
Here is a sample configuration file: ! proxy manager config file ! ! Each line has the format: ! <serviceName> managed <startCommand> ! or ! <serviceName> unmanaged <proxyAddress> ! lbx managed /usr/bin/lbxproxy ! ! substitute site-specific info xfwp unmanaged firewall:4444 PROXY MANAGER DETAILS
When the proxy manager gets a request from xfindproxy (or another similar client), its course of action will depend on the service-name in question. For a managed proxy service, the proxy manager will find out if any of the already running proxies for this service can handle a new request. If not, the proxy manager will attempt to start up a new instance of the proxy (using the command-to-start-proxy found in the config file). If that fails, an error will be returned to the caller. For an unmanaged proxy service, the proxy manager will look in the config file to find all unmanaged proxies for this service. If there is more than one entry in the config file with the same unmanaged service-name, the proxy manager will try to use the proxies in the order presented in the config file. If none of the unmanaged proxies can satisfy the request, the proxy manager will timeout for a configurable amount of time (specified by -timeout or default of 10) and reattempt to find an unmanaged proxy willing to satisfy the request. The num- ber of retries can be specified by the -retries argument, or a default of 3 will be used. If the retries fail, the proxy manager has no choice but to return an error to the caller (since the proxy manager can not start unmanaged proxy services). BUGS
proxy manager listen port should be configurable. -timeout and -retries is not implemented in proxymngr. proxymngr does not utilize the ``options'' and ``host'' fields in the proxy management protocol GetProxyAddr request. SEE ALSO
xfindproxy (1), xfwp (1), Proxy Management Protocol spec V1.0 AUTHOR
Ralph Mor, X Consortium X Version 11 proxymngr 1.0.1 PROXYMNGR(1)