Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert fields from a text file to excel columns Post 302270717 by npatwardhan on Monday 22nd of December 2008 03:44:43 PM
Old 12-22-2008
sorry that didnt print right..

i want this :

-0.3 -0.9
-0.3 -0.9
-0.3 -0.9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to convert text/csv to excel

Hello All, I have a sql report with 50 columns and 1000 rows result in a file ( txt / csv). is there is any way that we can move them to excel in KSH. Thanks, Sateesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert excel file to csv file or text file?

Hi all, I need to find a way to convert excel file into csv or a text file in linux command. The reason is I have hundreds of files to convert. Another complication is the I need to delete the first 5 lines of the excel file before conversion. so for instance input.xls description of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert delimited text file in UNIX to an Excel file

Dear Users , Need to convert delimited text files in UNix server to an Excel file and move the excel file to Windows environment. Am trying to automate the whole process. Can anyone share the ideas,if they have done similar ones before...Thanks -Meera (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meerakrish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert text file into Excel sheet

:cool:Hi, Iam new to this Scripts and forum too. Plz excuse if may i ask silly questions now and further.. Prob: i need to convert txt files data into excel sheet. Suppose if i have hour-wise data in txt file1 and file2 like file1 file2 00: 140 00: 235 01: 160 01:415... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrudula
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert text to columns

Hi. I need an input file of a single word pr. line converted in into a list of random pairs. i need input like this word1 word2 word3 word4 to be outputted like this: word3 word1 word2 word4 My attempt is a tedious while loop like this: nfiles=$(cat inputfile | wc -l) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BotHead
4 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)