Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed delete pattern skipping first n lines of file. Post 302270704 by Padow on Monday 22nd of December 2008 02:43:43 PM
Old 12-22-2008
to get rid of duplicate lines, use sort -u
Padow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: match pattern & delete matched lines

Hi all, I have the following data in a file x.csv: > ,this is some text here > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/11/16,0.23 > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/12/16,0.88 < ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this shouldnt be deleted I need to use SED to match anything with a > in the line and delete that line, can someone help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file using perl and skipping some lines

Hi, Consider following file with input: `YFLG:NC^Byad_insert constraint {id=600104470} {profile=GENDER == 2} {profile=BEHAVIOR == 17} {profile=SITEATTR_MULT == siteid:211051} {profile=AGE in } yad_insert ad {id=1718286093336959379} {type=R} ^AYFLG:YOO^Byad_insert constraint {id=600104471}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvids
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines in file matching a pattern

I have a text file, a sample of which is as follows: r/- * 0: WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/ASP.NETWebAdminFiles/Images/headerGRADIENT_Tall.gif r/- * 0: WINDOWS/SoftwareDistribution/Download/cf8ec753e88561d2ddb53e183dc05c3e/backoff.jpg r/- * 0: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy, then delete lines in file with sed using a pattern

I need to copy lines to a new file from files with sed using a pattern in char postions 1-3. Then after the copy, I need to delete those same lines from the input files. For example, string "ABC" in pos 1-3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laksjfhoius9123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern to delete lines containing a pattern, except the first occurance

Hello sed gurus. I am using ksh on Sun and have a file created by concatenating several other files. All files contain header rows. I just need to keep the first occurrence and remove all other header rows. header for file 1111 2222 3333 header for file 1111 2222 3333 header for file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk : how to delete lines based on IP pattern ?

Hi, I would like to delete lines in /etc/hosts on few workstations, basically I want to delete all the lines for a list of machines like this : for HOST in $(cat stations.lst |uniq) do # echo -n "$HOST" if ping -c 1 $HOST > /dev/null 2>&1 then HOSTNAME_val=`rsh $HOST "sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albator1932
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed delete blank lines upto first pattern match

Hi Im trying to do the following in sed. I want to delete any blank line at the start of a file until it matches a pattern and then stops. for example: Input output: I have got it to work within a range of two patterns with the following: sed '/1/,/pattern/{/^]*$/d}' The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search pattern and delete lines

Hello, i have a question. My problem is that i have a file like: TEST JOHN ADAM MICHAEL SEBASTIAN ANDY i want find for MICHAEL and want delete lines like this: TEST (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to delete a pattern in a file

Hi Everyone, I have an unusual requirement. Here is where i am stuck for sometime now... I have this text file.. lets say .. output.sql... it has lot of entries... here below is part of the entry... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies
XSaveContext(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						XSaveContext(3X11)

NAME
XSaveContext, XFindContext, XDeleteContext, XUniqueContext - associative look-up routines SYNTAX
int XSaveContext(display, rid, context, data) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XPointer data; int XFindContext(display, rid, context, data_return) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XPointer *data_return; int XDeleteContext(display, rid, context) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XContext XUniqueContext() ARGUMENTS
context Specifies the context type to which the data belongs. data Specifies the data to be associated with the window and type. data_return Returns the data. display Specifies the connection to the X server. rid Specifies the resource ID with which the data is associated. DESCRIPTION
If an entry with the specified resource ID and type already exists, XSaveContext overrides it with the specified context. The XSaveContext function returns a nonzero error code if an error has occurred and zero otherwise. Possible errors are XCNOMEM (out of memory). Because it is a return value, the data is a pointer. The XFindContext function returns a nonzero error code if an error has occurred and zero otherwise. Possible errors are XCNOENT (context-not-found). The XDeleteContext function deletes the entry for the given resource ID and type from the data structure. This function returns the same error codes that XFindContext returns if called with the same arguments. XDeleteContext does not free the data whose address was saved. The XUniqueContext function creates a unique context type that may be used in subsequent calls to XSaveContext. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSaveContext(3X11)