Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /temp full
Operating Systems AIX /temp full Post 302270661 by 123shyam on Monday 22nd of December 2008 12:35:38 PM
Old 12-22-2008
Just Run the below command and send me the output of big files.

find /tmp -xdev -type f -ls|sort -nr +6|head -30
it can be helpfull to analyse this issue
as well as please send me the error messages what you are getting if you are trying to extend the size os /tmp

use the command:
lsvg rootvg
to determine the free space in rootvg
then run chfs -a size=+<size by what you want to extend> /tmp

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid a temp file

Hi all. I want to check the free space on a given FS and process the output. Right now, I'm using a temp file to avoid using df twice. This is what I'm doing #!/usr/bin/ksh ... df -k $FS_NAME > $TMP_FILE 2>&1 if ]; then RESULT="CRITICAL - $(cat $TMP_FILE)" else cat $TMP_FILE | ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Assigning Temp IP inside zones

I want to assign ip to a zone , but i dont want that ip to be retained when the zone is rebooted , is there a way to do it ? Thx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
7 Replies

3. Solaris

what is ideal temp for US-III+

Hi all, is it okay for US-III+ running at 1200 MHZ to excced 75° C on sun fire 880 here's the output when i ran prtdiag -v on sunfire 880 running solaris10 bash-3.00# prtdiag -v System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire 880 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 8192... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

temp files

Hi there, As a regular unix user I am forever programming on the command line or writing scripts so that I first write a load of data to a file to read from. In the end I am always left with a bundle of .txt, .tmp which is what I usually call them. As a basic programmmer I was wondering is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

temp monitoring via SNMP

Hi, I am trying to monitor temperature of telecom devices of avaya and polycom. I have setup SNMP. can somebody help me to know what are the requirements to have a SNMP command working for this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhash Chauhan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

temp dir

Hello everyone, I need to install a large program,it makes error change directory to another ,can anyone tell me how? Respectfully, Reham (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham.Donia
17 Replies

7. HP-UX

Temp folder Getting full while taking backup.

Hi Experts, When i taking backup of my servers in Tape Library simultaneously the Temp folder is getting full...... these file like OB2DBG*.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we store a value in temp variable which can accessible?

Hi techies I am trying to write a script which can give me a ATP of a job, My idea is : store a value in a temp variable, next script read the variable in next call of it and give me the diff of values which is ATP, as script is running every hours. Can we do this in Shell Script. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
5 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)