Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Using / Formating a Logical Partition as I cant see it Post 302270660 by platforminc on Monday 22nd of December 2008 12:23:08 PM
Old 12-22-2008
Current partition table (original):
Total disk cylinders available: 2882 + 2 (reserved cylinders)

Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks
0 root wm 968 - 2881 14.66GB (1914/0/0) 30748410
1 swap wu 3 - 68 517.72MB (66/0/0) 1060290
2 backup wm 0 - 2881 22.08GB (2882/0/0) 46299330
3 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
4 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
5 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
6 unassigned wm 0 0 (0/0/0) 0
7 home wm 196 - 967 5.91GB (772/0/0) 12402180
8 boot wu 0 - 0 7.84MB (1/0/0) 16065
9 alternates wu 1 - 2 15.69MB (2/0/0) 32130

please see the partition table, I have executed the print command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding logical partition, physical partition

hi, 1) is logical partition the same as physical partition except that one is physical and the other is logical? 2) then it must a one to one ratio? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

2. AIX

Increase a logical partition

hello I have a volume group of 737 Go (EMC) To add 250 Go, i split the 250 Go to 2*125 No problem to add in the volum group, but when i want to increase the size of the logical volume, i have the message : 0516-787 extendlv: Maximum allocation for logical volume simdatabaselv is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in creating logical partition

Dear Members, I am using SCO-Unix 5.0.5. I have created 2 logical drives but some of the blocks are overlapped and are now giving warning during startup. I have used fsck to settle the problems but to no avail. Kindly help me to sort out the problem. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendrajaiswal
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to match a logical partition to a file

I would like to know how to identify which file a logical partition relates too. Operating System = AIX oslevel -s = 5300-04-CSP I've identified a logical volume that continually runs at 100% tm_acct from iostat. I've run lvmstat -l and identified the logical partition 590, being the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garry
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Partition overlaps another partition while creating new parition in solaris

hi all while formatting hard disk i am getting following error. Partition 1 ends at 266338338 It must be between 34 and 143374704. label error: EFI Labels do not support overlapping partitions Partition 8 overlaps partition 1. Warning: error writing EFI. Label failed. I have formatted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Ask concept soft partition vs hard partition

Hi Experts I would like to know different between soft partition concept and hard partition concept on solaris. Here is little explanation between soft partition concept and hard partition concept on solaris. Soft Partition: 1TB total space available in storage in all mapped to the OS to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)