Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch MP3 transcoding.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch MP3 transcoding. Post 302270607 by Franklin52 on Monday 22nd of December 2008 09:29:22 AM
Old 12-22-2008
One awk command is sufficient, try this:

Code:
find . -name "*.mp3" -exec mp3info -r v -p "%r \"%F\"\n" '{}' \; | 
gawk '$1 >= 160{$1 = "";system("lame -v" $0)}'

To rename the files you can use this:

Code:
ls *.mp3.mp3 | sed 's/\(.*\)\..*/mv & \1/' | sh

Make sure you get the right files and try it first without te coloured portion.

Regards

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

MP3 driver for Unix

I need to play mp3 sound files on unix platform. Is there any mp3 drivers available for unix (rue unix-64 and unixware 7.0)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parbende
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting mp3

Hi all... Here's my question: -> considering i've got thousands of mp3s', named like "Artist name - Track Name", how could i write a shell (ksh, or bash my favorite, not knowinf enough any other language) that would create a directory (if not existing already) with the Artist's name, and move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mp3 codec

I just need a mp3 codec that will decode mp3s so I can play them with my media player (probably going to be using XMMS) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file is mp3

Hello, I am trying to check if a file is an mp3. file -b file_path g ives me AUDIO for many MP3 but there are many working MP3 files that return something else. How can I get better result? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies
vboxmail(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       vboxmail(8)

NAME
vboxmail - script to send notification of new voice message SYNOPSIS
vboxmail messagename callername callerid mail-to-address DESCRIPTION
vboxmail is used by vboxgetty to send notification of a new voice message via email. It is not meant to be called directly by any user. You can make local modifications to this script by copying it from /usr/sbin/vboxmail to /etc/isdn/vboxmail, and editing the copy there. Note that there is an enhanced version of this script available as /usr/share/doc/isdnvboxserver/vboxmail.enhanced . To use it, copy it to /etc/isdn/vboxmail . This enhanced version will send the recorded message as a MIME attachment in the email notification. If lame or xingmp3enc are installed in /usr/local/bin, then the message will be converted to MP3 format; otherwise, it will be sent as a WAV file. For this to work, you also need the following packages installed: mime-construct sox and of course an MP3 encoder if you want MP3 format. Note that the MP3 format will only be 50% smaller (instead of the 90% you might other- wise expect), because of the relatively bad sound quality to begin with (8kHz sampling, mono). If you want to use another MP3 encoder than lame or xingmp3enc, you'll have to make patches to the script. I'll be happy to implement your changes. Send them as a wishlist bug report on isdnvboxserver. SEE ALSO
vboxgetty(8), vboxgetty.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>, for Debian GNU/Linux and isdn4linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.25 1998/11/17 vboxmail(8)