Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch MP3 transcoding.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch MP3 transcoding. Post 302270607 by Franklin52 on Monday 22nd of December 2008 09:29:22 AM
Old 12-22-2008
One awk command is sufficient, try this:

Code:
find . -name "*.mp3" -exec mp3info -r v -p "%r \"%F\"\n" '{}' \; | 
gawk '$1 >= 160{$1 = "";system("lame -v" $0)}'

To rename the files you can use this:

Code:
ls *.mp3.mp3 | sed 's/\(.*\)\..*/mv & \1/' | sh

Make sure you get the right files and try it first without te coloured portion.

Regards

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

MP3 driver for Unix

I need to play mp3 sound files on unix platform. Is there any mp3 drivers available for unix (rue unix-64 and unixware 7.0)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parbende
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting mp3

Hi all... Here's my question: -> considering i've got thousands of mp3s', named like "Artist name - Track Name", how could i write a shell (ksh, or bash my favorite, not knowinf enough any other language) that would create a directory (if not existing already) with the Artist's name, and move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mp3 codec

I just need a mp3 codec that will decode mp3s so I can play them with my media player (probably going to be using XMMS) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file is mp3

Hello, I am trying to check if a file is an mp3. file -b file_path g ives me AUDIO for many MP3 but there are many working MP3 files that return something else. How can I get better result? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies
REPLAYGAIN(1)							       rgain							     REPLAYGAIN(1)

NAME
replaygain - single file Replay Gain editor SYNOPSIS
replaygain [options] AUDIO_FILE [AUDIO_FILE ...] replaygain --help replaygain --version DESCRIPTION
replaygain applies or displays Replay Gain information for audio files. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of the software. -h, --help Display a short documentation. -f, --force Recalculate Replay Gain even if the file already contains gain information. -d, --dry-run Don't actually modify any files. -r REF, --reference-loudness=REF Set the reference loudness to REF dB (default: 89 dB) --mp3-format=MP3_FORMAT Choose the Replay Gain data format for MP3 files. Since there is no commonly accepted standard for Replay Gain in MP3 files, you need to choose. Possible formats are : o ql (used by Quod Libet). This is the default value. o fb2k (read and written by foobar2000, also understood by Quod Libet) o mp3gain (tags as written by the mp3gain program; this doesn't modify the MP3 audio data as said program does). --no-album Don't write any album gain information. --show Don't calculate anything, simply show Replay Gain information for the specified files. In this mode, all options other than --mp3-format are ignored. SEE ALSO
collectiongain(1) 1.0 2011-11-26 REPLAYGAIN(1)