Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to redirect the output to a buffer/clipboard ? Post 302270602 by broli on Monday 22nd of December 2008 09:05:11 AM
Old 12-22-2008
i think tihs migh be of help
but i never used it
man xcutsel(1)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

buffer the output

Hai Friends I am writing a cgi program in C. The CGI program has a link to start my tcp chat server... The tcp chat server prints some information when it starts... I have captured the informations and sent to the client browser through the cgi program... But the output is displayed all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect time output

Hello All, I am trying to write a script that would capture the output of time command on a Sun machine. I have tried these commands $ time ls > out $ time ls 2> out I just get the ls output in the out file for the first one. Thanks for any help Chuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbeech
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output

Hi all, I have a script which call a java program, the logging (to log file) in the program is done using log4j. However, as a safety measure, i still choose to direct standard error to another log file as follow /usr/bin/java -classpath ${classpath} -Xmx128m TestingProgram 2>>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Output

Hi, I would like to list files: ls *.hdf But I would like a copy of the output directed to the screen, but also APPENDED to a text file: test.txt I have tried: ls *.hdf | tee test.txt However, that will just write over everything already existing in test.txt. How can I append the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

output redirect

Hi i am compiling a source code by make command. i want to redirect the output of make to a file but at the same time i want to see the output in terminal. how to do this ?. please suggest your idea. thanks in advance. Saravana ---------- Post updated at 05:24 PM ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim external command output to new buffer

Hi, From inside Vim, I'm looking for a way to use the contents of the current buffer, pass it to an external executable, and then return the output from the executable into a new Vim buffer. I know that I can do something like %!<executable>, but that will overwrite the contents of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: konfushus
3 Replies

7. AIX

Not able to redirect output of command

Hi All,. We are using AIX as the OS to host the Oracle ERP. We have a command FNDLOAD which is used to load setups. When this command is run, it outputs names of log files and any errors to the screen. I am trying to redirect this output to a file because we have large number of these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansmaan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jumbled output in expect_out(buffer)

I have a code like this : set ipv6_acl_max_chars test_acl_max_chars123456a789%s%d2345678ww134rt789qa23456789012345%c89012%a56789012x4r67890test_acl_max_chars1234567890.01234aabcdob34567aBC0 spawn telnet $myip expect "Login:" { send "admin\r" } expect "Password:" {send "admin\r" }... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ylucki
0 Replies
NOHUP(1)							   User Commands							  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from /dev/null. If standard output is a terminal, append output to `nohup.out' if possible, `$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use `nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report nohup bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for nohup is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and nohup programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'nohup invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 NOHUP(1)