Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Use of SED in Perl or any other options Post 302270471 by Christoph Spohr on Monday 22nd of December 2008 02:49:02 AM
Old 12-22-2008
Hi,

yes, awk you would have to use from the command line
or call via system().

This should work in perl:

Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w

$ex="<b> _ABC (Apply Changes) (p) </b> _EFG | HIJ | KLM | WER";
@f=split(/\s+/,$ex);
$out=join("\t",$f[1],$f[6],$f[8],$f[10],$f[12]);

print $out;

HTH Chris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed h and g options

Hi .. Happy New Year.. If i do a sed -e ' /BEGIN/,/END/{ h /xxx/{ g p } } ' temp1 I have two queries in this script 1.Will the block between BEGIN and END be stored in the hold buffer before executing the /xxx/ .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasenthil_k
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed options

I have a file with name input_file.spec. This file has records like: Record #: 1 rec_len = 590 rec_id = 31229 filler_4 = " " orig_id = 902162988 seqnum = 138960799 lrnid ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay_84
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl to get options from command line

Hi all, I want to get options from command line by perl. usage() options: -h Show this help message and exit -t Name of tester --timeout Set the timeout -l ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl simple text menu with options

Hopefully I'm in the right place. Im new to the forums and linux! I'm looking to add a menu to my perl hangman game i have created. The menu will use user input for the desired option and then perform the operation indicated. I would like something along the lines of: Welcome to Hangman... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jahburmski
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check uname options

I am trying to read the /etc/security/limits.conf file to match with my specifications. Specification should match below : nofile=131072 noproc=131072 memlock=3500000 I have written a perl script to read the file: #!/usr/bin/perl $FILE1 = "/home/sriram/perl_scripts/limits.conf";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed error - multiple number options to `s' command

Hi All, I am having two files (file1 & file2) and a filelist.txt file below. file1: $$STRINGVAR1=5 $$STRINGVAR2=10 $$LAST_UPD_DT_TBL1=12/12/2010 12:00:00 $$STRINGVAR3=100 $$LAST_UPD_DT_TBL2=01/01/2010 12:00:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandru_Raj
8 Replies

9. Programming

[Perl] Different printf formating for different print options

Hi, Struggling with single quotes, double quotes, etc. I want to print a header line, followed by lines with actual values, based on a print option. In real life it is going to be something like 15 print options and 50 values. Output will be 1 header and several value lines. In this example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl

I am having trouble re-writing this sed code sed -nr 's/.*del(+)ins(+).*NC_0{4}(+).*g\.(+)_(+).*/\3\t\4\t\5\t\1\t\2/p' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_position.txt > C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_parse.txt in perl Basically, what the code does is parse text from two fields... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
PFUNC(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 PFUNC(1p)

NAME
pfunc - grep for perl functions SYNOPSIS
pfunc subroutine FILES... DESCRIPTION
pfunc searches the named FILES for all calls to the given subroutine. It will report back the file and line number each call is found on along with what sort of call it is function foo() class method Class->foo() object method $obj->foo() EXAMPLE
$ pfunc isa /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/*.pm Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 316 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 327 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 397 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 494 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CGI.pm at line 495 Called as object method in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/CPAN.pm at line 4957 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 191 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 218 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 248 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 251 Called as function in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Dumpvalue.pm at line 254 Called as object method in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Shell.pm at line 28 Called as object method in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/base.pm at line 12 NOTES
Its not fast, but its accurate. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Module::Info perl v5.10.1 2010-10-03 PFUNC(1p)