Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: segmentation fault
Top Forums Programming segmentation fault Post 302270469 by vino on Monday 22nd of December 2008 02:31:43 AM
Old 12-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey
If I do this.
Assume

Code:
struct life
{
           char *nolife;
}

struct life **life;
// malloc initialization & everything

if(life->nolife[index] == 0)

Would I get error at life->nolife[index] if it is equal to 0.
wrong accession?
Perhaps they may be something more in the initialization code. What is index?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

4. AIX

Segmentation fault

Hi , During execution a backup binary i get following error "Program error 11 (Segmentation fault), saving core file in '/usr/datatools" Riyaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshaikh
2 Replies

5. Programming

Why not a segmentation fault??

Hi, Why I don't receive a segmentation fault in the following sample. int main(void) { char buff; sprintf(buff,"Hello world"); printf("%s\n",buff); } If I define a buffer of 10 elements and I'm trying to put inside it twelve elements, Should I receive a sigsev... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

7. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Segmentation Fault

this is a network programming code to run a rock paper scissors in a client and server. I completed it and it was working without any error. After I added the findWinner function to the server code it starts giving me segmentation fault. -the segmentation fault is fixed Current problem -Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
3 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
dhcp6c.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						    dhcp6c.conf(5)

NAME
dhcp6c.conf - configuration file of the DHCPv6 client daemon, dhcp6c DESCRIPTION
dhcp6c.conf is a configuration file for dhcp6c (DHCPv6 client). dhcp6c is configured by the configuration information (such as rapid-commit, requesting temp-address, or prefix-delegation) in this file. dhcp6c.conf is an ASCII text file and lines that start with # are comments. STATEMENTS
interface <interface name> { [declarations] }; Write configurations for this interface in this statement. In [declarations], options can be specified. DECLARATIONS
send [dhcpoptions]; With this declaration, dhcp6c sends specified options. Currently rapid-commit is defined. send rapid-commit; This declaration enables dhcp6c to request the dhcp6s server to perform a Rapid Commit. request [dhcpoptions]; This declaration enables dhcp6c to request specified options. Currently temp-address, domain-name-servers, and prefix-delegation are defined. request domain-name-servers; The DHCPv6 mechanism provides a way to obtain configuration information such as a list of available DNS servers or NTP servers. This decla- ration enables dhcp6c to request a DNS server address from the DHCPv6 server. request domain-search-list; This declaration enables dhcp6c to request a domain search list which dhcp6c uses when resolving hostnames with DNS. request prefix-delegation; This declaration enables dhcp6c to request a Prefix Delegation to the DHCPv6 server. dhcp6c gets a prefix assignment from the DHCPv6 server. request temp-address; This declaration enables dhcp6c to request temporary addresses. dhcp6c requests Non-temporary Addresses as default. This option makes dhcp6c request Temporary Addresses. information-only; This declaration enables dhcp6c to request host configuration information from the DHCPv6 server. If dhcp6c doesn't need to be assigned any addresses, this option should be specified. default-information-refresh-time <information refresh time>; This declaration defines the default interval to refresh the host configuration information retrieved from a server. When a server offers an interval to dhcp6c, dhcp6c chooses the interval from server. If this declaration is not specified, the interval is 86400[sec] (24 hours). The minimum interval is 400[sec]. If you don't want to refresh the information, specify infinity as the interval. maximum-information-refresh-time <information refresh time>; This declaration defines the maximum interval to refresh the host configuration information retrieved from a server. When DHCPv6 server offers an interval which is bigger than this maximum interval, dhcp6c chooses this maximum interval. If this declaration is not specified, dhcp6c uses the interval which a server offered or the interval which is specified at default-information-refresh-time declaration. address { [<ipv6 address>/<prefix length>]; [prefer-life-time <preferred-lifetime>]; [valid-life-time <valid-lifetime>]; }; This declaration defines the dhcp6c client preferred IPv6 address, the preferred lifetime of the address, and the valid lifetime for this interface. prefix { [<ipv6 prefix>/<prefix length>]; [prefer-life-time <preferred-lifetime>]; [valid-life-time <valid-lifetime>]; }; This declaration defines the dhcp6c client acting as a requesting router for the preferred prefix, the prefix length, and the prefix's pre- ferred lifetime, and valid lifetime for this interface. prefer-life-time <preferred-lifetime>; This declaration sets the preferred lifetime (in seconds) of the address or prefix. This declaration is valid only in address or prefix declarations. valid-life-time <valid-lifetime>; This declaration sets the valid lifetime (in seconds) of the address or prefix. This declaration is valid only in address or prefix decla- rations. renew-time <renew-time>; This declaration specifies the Renew Time (in seconds) for this Identity Association (IA). Renew Time is a T1 value in an IA option. dhcp6c sets the Renew Time in IA options to the specified value. rebind-time <rebind-time>; This declaration specifies the Rebind Time (in seconds) for this IA. Rebind Time is T2 value in an IA option. dhcp6c sets the Rebind Time in IA options to the specified value. DHCPOPTIONS
rapid-commit If this option is used in a "send [dhcpoptions];" declaration, dhcp6c sends DHCPv6 messages with a Rapid Commit option. domain-name-servers If this option is used in a "request [dhcpoptions];" declaration, dhcp6c requests the DNS server address via the DHCPv6 mechanism. prefix-delegation If this option is used in a "request [dhcpoptions];" declaration, dhcp6c requests a Prefix Delegation to the DHCPv6 servers. prefix-delegation-interface <interface name> Specifies the name of the interface definition in radvd.conf that dhcp6c will write the 'prefix' declaration for. By default, dhcp6c will write a radvd.conf prefix declaration for the interface on which it receives the prefix delegation lease. EXAMPLES
This is a sample of the dhcp6c.conf file. interface eth0 { send rapid-commit; request prefix-delegation; request domain-name-servers; request temp-address; iaid 11111; address { 3ffe:10::10/64; prefer-life-time 6000; valid-life-time 8000; }; renew-time 11000; rebind-time 21000; }; SEE ALSO
dhcp6c(8) BUGS
Report bugs via http://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/ AUTHORS
See http://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/wiki/Authors dhcp6c.conf(5)