Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sunfire 4100 xbrowser problem Post 302270449 by bluetooth on Monday 22nd of December 2008 12:30:05 AM
Old 12-22-2008
The problem was in the hdd, I replaced it now every thing is o.k, thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

PC memory on sunfire v100

i have a sunfire v100 machine with 256mb memory. Can i install a PC memory on sunfire v100? someone on irc told me that this is possible, by toggling jp7 which enables/disables pc133u/pc133. can someone please explain if this is true? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xbrowser/Xmanager question

In the Xbrowser window, under status column, i see the following: 2 users, load: 3.7, 3.7, 3.7 What does "load" mean exactly, and the three numbers? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
4 Replies

3. Solaris

xbrowser and telnet

My server clients are using xbrowser for connectivity, I want to give access to some clients via xbrowser and for the remaining I want that they use only telnet. Is there any way to restrict xbroswer access for some clients? Any quick help will be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluetooth
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Wipe a Sunfire V480

Hi Guys I'm new here in these forums and also in Sun Solaris/Sun hardware related things. I have some really basic questions about the way to go for "wipe" a Sun Solaris system. I have to sell a used Sunfire v480 and I wan't to wipe the old sytem before selling it. But I'm not sure if I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowatsch
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem by restoring data from alphaserver 4100 to alphaserver 20DSe

Hi guys. I am in this forum and I have some troubles with my two alphas. I nned to create backup machine for our server DEC 4100. what is done created root_domain, usr_domain (ADVFS) on DS20e restored from backup tape vdump from same directories if i try to start, i get the following : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaendalf
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire V880 Internal Disk Problem

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have read other threads on similar subject but still not clear on what this is telling me and what action to take. Do I have a couple of disks that are slowly dying? While checking disk usage on the V880 I noticed the following: # format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to install xbrowser software on HPUX?

Hi fnds, Can anybody tell me how to install x brower software on HP-UX and after successfull installation how I can launch the x browser. Thanks, Vinodky (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodky
0 Replies

8. AIX

Xbrowser issue for aix

dear firnd.. psl help me i am trying to conenct from xbrowser to my aix server. byt i am not getting any response from server.... pls help me to resolve this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have two SunFire boxes

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and probably 'unix for dummies' or maybe unix hardware for dummies is a good place to post my question. I'm the I S manager for a small county, just myself and one good tech. We recently had two SunFire T2000 boxes donated to us. We both have a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starrouter
1 Replies

10. Hardware

Sunfire V880

Hi Does someone have the latest firmware for a sunfire v880 I have a problem with the FC-AL disk i guess i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont have a support with oracle and i can't find it anywhere thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
4 Replies
Task::Weaken(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Task::Weaken(3pm)

NAME
Task::Weaken - Ensure that a platform has weaken support DESCRIPTION
One recurring problem in modules that use Scalar::Util's "weaken" function is that it is not present in the pure-perl variant. While this isn't necesarily always a problem in a straight CPAN-based Perl environment, some operating system distributions only include the pure-Perl versions, don't include the XS version, and so weaken is then "missing" from the platform, despite passing a dependency on Scalar::Util successfully. Most notably this is RedHat Linux at time of writing, but other come and go and do the same thing, hence "recurring problem". The normal solution is to manually write tests in each distribution to ensure that "weaken" is available. This restores the functionality testing to a dependency you do once in your Makefile.PL, rather than something you have to write extra tests for each time you write a module. It should also help make the package auto-generators for the various operating systems play more nicely, because it introduces a dependency that they have to have a proper weaken in order to work. How this Task works Part of the problem seems to stem from the fact that some distributions continue to include modules even if they fail some of their tests. To get around that for this module, it will do a few dirty tricks. If Scalar::Util is not available at all, it will issue a normal dependency on the module. However, if Scalar::Util is relatively new ( it is >= 1.19 ) and the module does not have weaken, the install will bail out altogether with a long error encouraging the user to seek support from their vendor (this problem happens most often in vendor-packaged Perl versions). This distribution also contains tests to ensure that weaken is available using more normal methods. So if your module uses "weaken", you can just add the following to your Module::Install-based Makefile.PL (or equivalent). requires 'Task::Weaken' => 0; AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> SEE ALSO
Task, Scalar::Util, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-06-12 Task::Weaken(3pm)