Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition Post 302270355 by csorhand on Sunday 21st of December 2008 09:08:05 AM
Old 12-21-2008
brentmd24,

If your a unix guy it will be easy for you to learn linux all you need is the concept / fundamentals in unix and some little bit of studying of inux commands. Your correct they are both using the same foundation / concepts.

cheers!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator?

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator? How much does the Linux administrator suppose to earn nowadays? I notice that the IT wage scale has been dropping across the board in Canada so I wonder if Linux administrator enumeration is affected too. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator

Hello! I have seen similar questions asked about how to become a system administrator. Most would say experience is more important than just getting a certificate and even a degree. However, I haven't found a good information how to build experience from a newbie to entry-level systems... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideburn
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux System Administrator - Study Advice

Hello all, I really hope that this is the right Forum to post this kind of a question... I have been working in the IT support industry for nearly 3 years now. I started of providing end-user support. So enough to say that I provided my fair share of "have you tried turning it off and on"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalignas
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator

Hi, I would like to become Linux/Unix administrator. Of course I am aware that it is practically impossible to get that job immediately and in the beginning it will be Junior position or 2nd level of technical support. But I would like to ask: how in-depth knowledge about daemons such like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Linux administrator interview question

pls any one tell all the interview question about linux administrator for L1 and L2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepansekaran
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies
condor_master(1)					      General Commands Manual						  condor_master(1)

Name
       condor_master The - master Condor Daemon

Synopsis
       condor_master

Description
       This  daemon  is  responsible for keeping all the rest of the Condor daemons running on each machine in your pool. It spawns the other dae-
       mons, and periodically checks to see if there are new binaries installed for any of them. If there are, the condor_masterwill  restart  the
       affected  daemons.  In  addition,  if  any  daemon  crashes, the condor_masterwill send e-mail to the Condor Administrator of your pool and
       restart the daemon. The condor_masteralso supports various administrative  commands  that  let  you  start,  stop  or  reconfigure  daemons
       remotely. The condor_masterwill run on every machine in your Condor pool, regardless of what functions each machine are performing.

Section 3.1.2in the Administrator's Manual has more information about the condor_masterand other Condor daemons. See Section 3.9.2for docu-
       mentation on command line arguments for condor_master.

The  DAEMON_LIST configuration macro is used by the condor_masterto provide a per-machine list of daemons that should be started  and  kept
       running.  For  daemons that are specified in the  DC_DAEMON_LIST configuration macro, the condor_masterdaemon will spawn them automatically
       appending a -fargument. For those listed in  DAEMON_LIST , but not in  DC_DAEMON_LIST , there will be no -fargument.

Options
       -n name

Provides an alternate name for the condor_master to override that given by the  MASTER_NAME configuration variable.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						  condor_master(1)