Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux NIS sever not binding with Solaris client Post 302270331 by ynilesh on Sunday 21st of December 2008 05:30:19 AM
Old 12-21-2008
instead of hostname nis-linux.playground.net, try putting IP address. Is this name resolve's from your host? i mean client box?

$nilesh

Last edited by ynilesh; 12-21-2008 at 06:37 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux redhat and solaris NIS+

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone had success with installing a redhat linux (PC box) on a Solaris NIS+ network. I have gotten information on how to do this but have been unsuccessful. The information that I have gotten is a little out dated and is not 100%. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to configure a NIS client bound to the NIS server in another subnet?

Hi, all. I have a Solaris client here needs to bind to NIS server in another subnet. Following is the configuration i made on the client, 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts to add an entry of the NIS server -- nserver01 2) execute `domainname` to set local NIS domain to the domain of the NIS server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sn_wukong
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX NIS Client to Linux

Hi, I have a trouble with configure NIS Client on AIX, my NIS server is on a Linux machine. After configure, some old NIS account could login normally. However, after I create new account from NIS server, I could not login with the new account, but could only su to that account. And I could view... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloneattack
20 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 NIS Client

Hi all, Recently i have implemented NIS functionality in solaris 10 and i have created server and client with user in server side by giving useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/sh user1 after that I went to /var/yp dir and give /usr/ccs/bin/make so that it will refelect to client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esungoe
2 Replies

5. AIX

Aix 5.3 NIS Client from a Suse10 sever

Hello Guys, Unfortunately after look for it on entire www I did not find anyone that have made a tutorial how to make it works. I'm using an AIX 5.3 as a nis client from a SUSE 1.0 server. I can see the maps - ypcat passwd (so I can Bind server) and I can su NIS users. BUT I CAN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelan
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 NIS client configuration

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 machine and trying to connect it to a Linux NIS Server. Up till now I have set up NIS so that it does find the NIS server and gets the user list. Automounter also mounts some directories from an NFS server. However, I can't get it to map the shadow passwords (they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dop
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with NIS client

Hi All, I have a new server on the network, I did configure the NIS. ypwhich is working and ypcat all are working. But when I log in as me, home directory is not coming up. I looked at other servers we have at work to see what's under /etc/fstab. I don't see anything for home directory. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Take Sent Mail Backup in Linux Sever

Everyday my code will send 100's* of mails from linux server to outlook using*sendmail command . I need to take a backup of those mails which are exactly sent from my linux server. This is needed for backup purpose. backuplocation is my local home dir.Is it possible to do this. I dont have root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Experience sharing and questions for NIS migration from Solaris 8 to Linux

I'd like to share some experiences and what I found for NIS migration from Solaris 8 NIS to Linux platform. I'm not an expert for both platforms, it's just when I tested both systems and found something really tricky. That might takes a lot of time for you to find the root cause. So, I think I can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
11 Replies
avahi-resolve(1)					      General Commands Manual						  avahi-resolve(1)

NAME
avahi-resolve - Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-resolve --name host-name ... avahi-resolve-host-name host-name ... avahi-resolve --address address ... avahi-resolve-address address ... DESCRIPTION
Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon. OPTIONS
When passing -n, specify one or more fully qualified mDNS/DNS host name(s) (e.g. "foo.local") to resolve into IP addresses on the command line. When passing -a, specify one or more IP address to resolve into host names. avahi-resolve-host-name is equivalent to avahi-resolve --name. avahi-resolve-address is equivalent to avahi-resolve --address. -n | --name Translate one or more fully qualified host names into addresses. -a | --address Translate one or more addresses into fully qualified host names. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -6 When resolving a host name, look for IPv6 addresses exclusively. -4 When resolving a host name, look for IPv4 addresses exclusively. -h | --help Show help. -V | --version Show version information. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-publish-address(1), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-resolve(1)