Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File/Folder monitor
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File/Folder monitor Post 302270324 by jaydeep_sadaria on Sunday 21st of December 2008 05:14:43 AM
Old 12-21-2008
File/Folder monitor

Dear All

I had made 2 folder name folder a and b.
In folder a i am receiving some file from another server. And this file are moved to folder b using one script twice a hour.

Is there any commnad or utility in unix so that i cam monitor folder a file ..mena how many file i had received in day...

Can i continue monitor folder???

Let me know the the possible way...

Regarda
Jaydeep

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a unix folder?

:confused:Hi All, I have a folder on Sun Solaris 5.8 SPAC and I'm trying to build a monitoring shell or perl script that sends an email to a user whenever a file was put into this folder. issue: if I create a new file in the folder using like 'touch newfile', then the newfile has a current... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bizheng
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor tmp folder for uploads

Hello, We have been having some issues with our users overwriting files, and then not having a backup. What I would love to do, is create a shell script to monitor /tmp, for uploads, and make a copy of the file they are trying to upload before the upload finishes. Is this possible at all? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrfr0g
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to monitor a folder using script

hi, i want to monitor a particuler folder and have to report is there any new file added to the dir or not? can anyone tell me how to monitor the folder using script. the script has to run in the background continiously. Is there any way to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP

Hi everyone! I'm in a need of a shell script that search for all files in a folder, move all those files to a temp folder, and upload those files via FTP. When the file transfer via FTP completes successfully, the file is moved to a completed folder. In case any of those files fails, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
mhpath(1mh)															       mhpath(1mh)

Name
       mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders

Syntax
       mhpath [ +foldername ] [ msgs ] [ -help ]

Description
       Use the command to display the full pathname of the specified folder.  If you do not specify a folder, displays the pathname of the current
       folder.

If you specify a message with its message number, displays the pathname of the specified message.  You can also specify a  number  of  mes-
       sages,  or  a range of messages.  If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, displays as much
       of the specified range as possible.

Additionally can take a keyword or a sequence name.  The following keywords are acceptable:

first	 The first message in the folder.

last	 The last message in the folder.

new	 The message after the last message in the folder.  You cannot use new as part of a message range.

cur	 The current message in the folder.

prev	 The message before the current message.

next	 The message after the current message.

all	 All of the messages in the folder.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

Examples
       In the following example, displays message 3 in the folder
       % mhpath +inbox 3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox

The following example displays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder:
       % mhpath 2-5
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine your Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh)

mhpath(1mh)