Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Customer support engineer
Operating Systems HP-UX Customer support engineer Post 302270181 by DustBunny on Saturday 20th of December 2008 02:42:48 AM
Old 12-20-2008
Hey man so there's no setup and its gonna be a new one!

Come on bro. I think you are not understanding what am trying to say. You know what? It is not so easy to give you step by step procedure to deploy or create a MCSG setup. It's an optional paper in HP certification HP0-A03 you know? It's about a lot to study and understand. Please go through the document.

I am sorry, but, a forum is normally used for a break fix. Issues and stuff... People here can help you in giving documents to read and proceed with your requirement however, I don't believe that people here could give this kinda stuff.

One more thing, the question you ask is not simple. Its not like people in this forum don't know it. There are thousands of users in this forum who know answer for your question. But, you are not getting a reply means that its not so easy to give it in 10 steps. If your question was to rename a VG, or root user account locked, trusted system and un trusted system conversion or creating a LV and things, you can go ahead with 10 to 20 commands.

This is something you need to understand before doing. Not like going with commands. Moreover, your networking things are something you only know. Who knows about your IP, the interface you configure for lan , heartbeat, EVA you use and things? Your question is simply like, How to become a HP-UX / Service guard administrator.

Answer is simple : You need to learn it!

Am sorry bro. Its not like we don't want to give. Its like, its not easy and that going.. Hope you understand. Refer docs at HP, the best you can ever get!

-DB

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information on Network engineer and Unix Systems Engineer

Hi, I'm exploring a few different careers( Unix System's Admin, Network Engineer, and Unix System's Engineer). I asked in another thread about System's Admin, so I have some more info on that already. I'm not finding very much info on Network Engineers or Unix System Engineers though. Can you guys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identify a customer under a UNIX server

Like many UNIX users, there is a small team that is connected to UNIX (under the same UNIX user) via putty from a Windows PC. Is there a way, once under UNIX, to know the address of the originating computer or anything that can differentiate initial users ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popescu1954
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to prompt customer for name etc

How do I create a shell script called 'custinfo' to prompt a customer to enter and display back the following: name, age, address, phone number, product, price range. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SQLScript
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to prompt customer for name etc

reposting How do I create a shell script called 'custinfo' to prompt a customer to enter and display back the following: name, age, address, phone number, product, price range. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SQLScript
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie hw engineer

Need a perl script that will extract component reference designators from a text file and write them to a new file. The refdes attribute will always follow the characters "REFDES=". So for the first line below I'd like to extract the reference designator R2402. A 2158 1882 12 2 2 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs123456
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)