Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Execute All Commands in A contrl File Post 302270179 by Yogesh Sawant on Saturday 20th of December 2008 01:55:34 AM
Old 12-20-2008
what you need is an ampersand at the end of the command, to run it in background:
Code:
 while read line ; do   $line &   done < ControlFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file

Hello , I am trying to print the footer of evry file in the given directory with xargs command like follows ls -1 | xargs -I {} gzcat {} | tail -1 now problem with this is only last file foooter is getting printed as " | tail -1 " is getting executed for the last file. I know this can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help-Script to execute Commands and write to excel file

Execute some commands in script and store result in excel sheet Kindly help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computer_baby
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check for contrl-M characters

Hii When i am using the following command for checking the ctrl-m characters am getting "Substitution pattern match failed" error. Actually i jus want to check and not to substitute. Please suggest me as whats wrong in the below command. 1,$s/Ctrl+vCtrl+m//g Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute commands read from another file?

Please help with this simple example. I can not figure out how to do it. A file named “job” contains only this one line:var=5I need a script to read the job file and execute it as a command. This is my attempt (it does not work):#!/bin/sh exec < job echo "var = $var"output should read “var = 5”... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands to specific folder from input file

Hi, I have one text file input.txt, which has folders path as follows: /home/user/automate/abc /home/user/automate/abc/xyz /home/user/automate/test /home/user/automate/test2 /home/user/automate/test2/abc/Main In those folders i have .svn folder. 1) First i want to remove .svn like rm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use expect - send to execute list of commands inside a file

:)hello people i am working on some kind of PBX and i have list of telephone numbers inside a file, i have to insert these numbers into the correct command and then telnet to a remote server and execute these commands. i can read the telephone numbers and insert them into the command with no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: auma78
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan a file in realtime and execute certain commands on encountering 5 consecutive identical lines

Mysql log has something like below: I need a bash shell script that will do the following: 1) The script will scan the mysql.log file constantly in real time (something like tail -F mysql.log) 2) If it encounters 5 consecutive identical lines then it would invoke some commands (say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies
KeyMap(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						KeyMap(3U)

NAME
KeyMap - activates controls given their keyboard equivalents SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/keymap.h> DESCRIPTION
KeyMap supports keyboard equivalents, which allow the user of a Unidraw application to execute menu commands or select from a palette of controls by typing rather than pointing and clicking with the mouse. The KeyMap can activate a control given its key code as defined by its ControlInfo object. Only those controls registered with the KeyMap can be activated through the KeyMap. By default, the Editor base class handles key events by having its KeyMap execute the key code. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
KeyMap() Construct a new keymap, initially with no registrants. void Register(UControl*) void Register(KeyMap*) void Unregister(UControl*) void Unregister(KeyMap*) Register and unregister a control or another KeyMap. Registering a KeyMap is equivalent to registering all its registered controls individually. void Execute(const char* keyCode) Execute the given key code by activating the corresponding control. Each UControl contains a ControlInfo object that specifies its key code; thus the mapping between key codes and controls is defined by the ControlInfo objects collectively. Key codes among reg- istered controls should be unique. SEE ALSO
ControlInfo(3U), KeyMap(3U), UControl(3U), kybd(3U) Unidraw 1 August 1990 KeyMap(3U)