Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH woes
Operating Systems Solaris SSH woes Post 302270071 by Perderabo on Friday 19th of December 2008 01:57:01 PM
Old 12-19-2008
Not what I had in mind. I believe that setting it to "ask" results in the behavior you described as "are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?"

I believe that setting it to "yes" results in the behavior you describe as "The non-local machine, does not get the same message. His message goes something like: RSA key could not be validated or matched, connection closed by remote host."

To fix the problem set it to "ask" everywhere.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDROM Woes

Have a Sun CDROM connected to a Ultra machine . Problem is it is not recognizing the drive being connected to it ... When i put the CD in the drive it accepts the CD and zooms initially then quitens out .. The devices drivers are also not created for it ... Any ideas anyone ... I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

source address woes

I have checkpoint firewall-1 running on a solaris 7 sparc box with two physical working networks interface cards hme0, qfe0, (please note these are false addresses) qfe0 = 195.111.222.178 internet ISP hme0 = 172.19.12.58 /24 internal Lan which has a router to france on it I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh -X woes

howdy, I have a couple of headless Solaris 8 servers i can access via ssh for basic periodic patching. I would like to use the X server to access some of the apps that reside there also, but when i start X it errors out, complaining it can't find /dev/fb. Is there a way to bypass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: [MA]Flying_Meat
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Woes!! Please help! :confused:

Hello, We have an old Axil running SunOS Release 5.5.1. Recently, we updated our network, so the gateway and domain changed. Our network admin forgot (or didn't know) that we had this machine on the network, so it quietly lost its mind. Now we are trying to add it back to the network. He... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbig1492
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote CD woes

Good Day, I've remotely mounted a cdrom (no problems theere). The kicker is I can see the directories on the remote CD bout I can't see the files. What am I doing wrong? I'm logged in as root on both systems. All the permissions seem okay - what am I missing? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg69
2 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

7. AIX

IVM vs. HMC woes

I have a running VIO server that was managed via IVM. We made the (apparent) mistake of trying to connect a HMC server to it. Other than making a connection, no work has been done via HMC. We've since decided we don't want to use HMC and it's been powered off for a couple of weeks. However,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjs226
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Locale woes

Greetings Forumers! I've been fighting a locale problem on a v490 running Solaris 10 u4 (8/07). When I login to the system, I get several "locale" error messages: user1's password: Last login: Wed May 26 2010 09:14:13 -0400 from system1 You have mail. couldn't set locale correctly couldn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Jumpstart woes

Hey, I have been battling with jumpstart for the past few days. Interface nxge0 is set on a vlan: nxge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask ff000000 ether 0:21:28:3c:a0:6 nxge998000:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stantonnet
0 Replies

10. AIX

Samba Woes

Hi all With the recent virus attacks we have been tasked with upgrading Samba to a "secure" version. Currently running 3.0.29a and looking to put the latest version down 4.6.5. Being a lazy bod I have only ever installed this, a long time ago, when you could get it in BFF filesets. Have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splattty
6 Replies
tcp-environ(5)							File Formats Manual						    tcp-environ(5)

NAME
tcp-environ - TCP-related environment variables DESCRIPTION
The following environment variables describe a TCP connection. They are set up by tcp-env, tcpclient, and tcpserver. Note that TCPLOCAL- HOST, TCPREMOTEHOST, and TCPREMOTEINFO can contain arbitrary characters. PROTO The string TCP. TCPLOCALHOST The domain name of the local host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the local IP address, TCPLOCALHOST is not set. TCPLOCALIP The IP address of the local host, in dotted-decimal form. TCPLOCALPORT The local TCP port number, in decimal. TCPREMOTEHOST The domain name of the remote host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the remote IP address, TCPREMOTEHOST is not set. TCPREMOTEINFO A connection-specific string, perhaps a username, supplied by the remote host via 931/1413/IDENT/TAP. If the remote host did not sup- ply connection information, TCPREMOTEINFO is not set. TCPREMOTEIP The IP address of the remote host. TCPREMOTEPORT The remote TCP port number. SEE ALSO
tcpclient(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-env(1), tcp(4) tcp-environ(5)