Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help Creating Daily Cron Job
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help Creating Daily Cron Job Post 302270048 by BubbaJoe on Friday 19th of December 2008 12:23:23 PM
Old 12-19-2008
Sorry the 11 shoudl have been a 23 to run at 11:00pm before. If you need to run every 12 ours once at 11:00am and 11:00pm then enter

00 11,23 * * * chmod 666 /www/test/htdocs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Need Help with creating a Cron Job

Hello Guys. I really need some help creating a cron job. I want to back up my mySQL database, which runs a phpBB Forum. I need the backup to run every 6 hours - but the host can make it run every 6 hours. I need it to backup to a directory called Backups (on the root) and i dont want it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhoodle
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron.daily

At what time does cron.daily implement and how can i change this or set it etc? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITFcraig
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing a daily backup job from a unique log file.

Hi guys, I´m a newbie in Linux, but I´m trying to solve some problems studying on my own, but I´ve had some problems with AWK. Look, I have one single backup log file per server and I want to make a daily delection from the last backup job to show in a intranet of my work. The log files are from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all daily scheduled cron jobs from my cronfile

I had a cron file named mycron.cron and this file has cron jobs runs through out 365 days (jobs in the file mycron.cron run hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly). Is there an easy way to find what are the jobs scheduled today and what time they are scheduled to run? Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating directory daily basis...

Need help on this script. the month is not changing to February... #!/bin/bash for X in `seq 1 100` do DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d "--date=${X} day ago"` Y=`date +%Y` M=`date +%m` D=`date +%d "--date=${X} day ago"` DIR=/home/LogBackup for i in `seq 1 ` do if ;then # ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alelee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logrotate and cron.daily/weekly

Hi guys, I've got two separate logrotates I'd like to run, one for Tomcat and one for Apache, but I'd like to run the Tomcat one daily and the Apache one weekly. Now, the logrotate itself is working fine, but although I have 'daily' in Tomcat, and 'weekly' in the Apache one, the latter is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

/etc/cron.daily script is not being executed

Hi All I have created a file in /etc/cron.daily on redhat linux 7.3 version host called applicationscript cat applictaionscript #!/bin/bash /prod/data/routine.sh cat /prod/data/routine.sh #!/bin/bash #details regular=/prod/data/jboss/logs backup=/prod/data/logs #echo "Moving logs"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script no more than twice daily WITHOUT cron

Can I run a script no more than twice a day without using cron? Maybe create a file when script is first run and check its date? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
7 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
       git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access

SYNOPSIS
       chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user>
       git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git
       ssh <user>@localhost

DESCRIPTION
       This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing
       the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory.

COMMANDS
       git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option:

git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument>
	   Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request.

cvs server
	   Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1).

If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command>
       <arguments>" from the user's home directory.

INTERACTIVE USE
       By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive.

If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present
       in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented
       at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection.

Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or
       rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions.

If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted.

EXAMPLE
       To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead:

$ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell
	   $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands
	   $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF
	   #!/bin/sh
	   printf '%s
' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not"
	   printf '%s
' "provide interactive shell access."
	   exit 128
	   EOF
	   $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login

To enable git-cvsserver access (which should generally have the no-interactive-login example above as a prerequisite, as creating the
       git-shell-commands directory allows interactive logins):

$ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs <<EOF
	   if ! test $# = 1 && test "$1" = "server"
	   then
		   echo >&2 "git-cvsserver only handles "server""
		   exit 1
	   fi
	   exec git cvsserver server
	   EOF
	   $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs

SEE ALSO
       ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							      GIT-SHELL(1)