Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: threads and signals
Top Forums Programming threads and signals Post 302270032 by moe_7 on Friday 19th of December 2008 11:28:17 AM
Old 12-19-2008
threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signals In HP-UX

does the way of handling, interrupting signals in HP-UX same as that of solaris. If there is difference than what it is.?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilv
1 Replies

2. Programming

Threads Signals

Hi In my process there are few threads. Now, lets say all the threads are blocked for some reason or other.. now i read it somewhere that the kernel in this situation sends in some signal which can be caught. please let me know what signal is it and more details about that.. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday_kumar_spl
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Threads and Signals

I want to handle signals in a process that involves lots of threads. Now I do know that there should be a dedicated thread that will actually be traping signals and then these signals will be ditributed to actual threads. My question is...in case a signals has been generated by a kernel for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripunjay
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

6. Programming

Using Signals

How can use signals in a C program If i want a child program to signal it's parent program that it(child) program has completed the task that it was assigned.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
0 Replies

8. Programming

Signals and semaphores

I have problem with my application. Application is running on embedded Linux machine. It's basically multiprotocol gateway that connects two industrial Ethernet networks. We are experiencing some kind of application hang every 2 to 3 days. It seems like both threads are still running but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help understanding signals

I am having trouble with folowing sigset_t s; // now s represents set of signals sigemptyset(&s) ; // initialize this set and exclude all the signals from it.is it empty? sigaddset(&s,SIGILL);//this set containts only SIGILL signal sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK,&s,NULL);//lost on this one Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Signals

Hi All, The problem statement is as below: Problem: A process (exe) is getting executed in background. The output of this process is getting logged in a file. After successfully running for some time the process gets terminated. In the log file following is present: ^M[7m Interrupt ^M[27m... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praty.27
8 Replies
SIGWAIT(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							SIGWAIT(2)

NAME
sigwait -- select a set of signals LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigwait(const sigset_t * restrict set, int * restrict sig); DESCRIPTION
The sigwait() system call selects a set of signals, specified by set. If none of the selected signals are pending, sigwait() waits until one or more of the selected signals has been generated. Then sigwait() atomically clears one of the selected signals from the set of pending signals for the process and sets the location pointed to by sig to the signal number that was cleared. The signals specified by set should be blocked at the time of the call to sigwait(). If more than one thread is using sigwait() to wait for the same signal, no more than one of these threads will return from sigwait() with the signal number. If more than a single thread is blocked in sigwait() for a signal when that signal is generated for the process, it is unspecified which of the waiting threads returns from sigwait(). If the signal is generated for a specific thread, as by pthread_kill(), only that thread will return. Should any of the multiple pending signals in the range SIGRTMIN to SIGRTMAX be selected, it will be the lowest numbered one. The selection order between realtime and non-realtime signals, or between multiple pending non-realtime signals, is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, sigwait() returns 0 and sets the location pointed to by sig to the cleared signal number. Otherwise, an error number is returned. ERRORS
The sigwait() system call will fail if: [EINVAL] The set argument specifies one or more invalid signal numbers. [EFAULT] Any arguments point outside the allocated address space or there is a memory protection fault. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigpending(2), sigqueue(2), sigsuspend(2), sigtimedwait(2), sigwaitinfo(2), pause(3), pthread_sigmask(3) STANDARDS
The sigwait() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
November 11, 2005 BSD